Starting to get really nervous and excited

Dorathea
on 3/4/12 2:19 am - Lexington, KY
Revision on 03/28/12
OMG!  This week begins the pre-op testing.  Wednesday I have my EGD and Thursday I have my echocardiogram, stress test, chest x-ray and labs.  Then next week I have my surgeon's consult where I guess we will be scheduling surgery and my upper GI.  OMG! OMG!  I am so close to surgery it's starting to freak me out a little bit. 

<-------Pharmacist  I can answer general questions, but for more serious questions always ask your surgeon.

HouptMom
on 3/4/12 4:58 am - PA
Wow...things are moving along for you...how nice! I just had my RNY on 2/09 and am so glad! In the end I think everything went quickly...but at the time that last month before surgery dragged on....If I can help with any questions please feel free to write. I am excited for you and hope all your preop testing goes well!

HW 267/SW 243/CW 177/ GW160

jaynedinsane
on 3/4/12 5:06 am - canton, oh

that's great before  you know it, surgery date will be here!!! my surgery date anniversary date is march 23rd. this will be a day you will remember forever lol just like a birthday! ha ha except instead of gaining a person you lose one!!! ha ha ha... :-)

AnneGG
on 3/4/12 6:22 am
I'm sure you are going to do great! Keep us posted!

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

Jack_Fabulous
on 3/4/12 6:44 am - VA
VSG on 02/16/12
All you anxieties and fears are normal.  I had a lot of them before my surgery.  This link is to my blog entry that I wrote the night before my surgery.   http://jfabulous43.wordpress.com/2012/02/14/talk-me-down-off -this-ledge/

Gina 21 Years Out
on 3/4/12 6:45 pm - Burleson, TX

DORTHEA-hang on to your socks-you are in for the ride of your life..full of ups/downs/emotions running amuck/etc/etc...I'd be concerned if you WEREN'T "freaking out a little bit". You are about to change your whole life!

Congrats on taking charge of your LIFE, and your HEALTH!

We'll be for you, every step of the way. Our "advice" may not always be what peeps want to hear, but it's from the heart, and from our own experiences (of which there are many here!)...

The pre-op stuff can be the most stressful part of the journey. Feel free to come here, to vent, as often as you need to...

Godspeed!

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

Most Active