stalled, i think...

oxfordcat
on 3/6/12 2:28 am - NJ
I am not terribly upset, but trying to figure out the mechanics behind it.  I am eating basically the same i have been for the 4 months (NOV 1) now.  I have even started to REALLY exercise.  I ran on the treadmill.  Started weights and abs at the gym.  But the scale isn't moving.  

I don't think i can chalk it up to muscle is denser than fat and i am building muscle...hasn't been that intense.  I think i am taking in about 900 calories.  Should i cut back more or add more. 

Just working out the kinks. 

Any thoughts?  Here is a sample day for me to help with calories and stuff

AM:  synthroid w/ tea or coffee
         ENS shake on way into work
         piece of laughing cow soft around 10
         greek yogurt, plain with little dole cup of peaches in juice (no juice) for lunch
          (or sometimes 2-3 slices of turkey wrapped around a pickle .  or a 1/4 c chix salad.
         around 4, i will have either a bit of fruit or cottage cheese (only if i am hungry)
          dinner is usually a protein, maybe 3 oz of chicken w a stalk of brocolli or equivalent of a veggie.  No starch.
          Snack at night really depends if i am hungry.  Usually not.  maybe a SF jello or decaf int'l coffe w a bit of whipped cream.

Catherine
"Something has changed within me. Something is not the same". Elphaba    
momjan
on 3/6/12 2:55 am - Canada
You might want to give your system a wake up call and change up the proteins, etc.  Maybe up the proteins you are getting by taking in a protein shake.  You should be around 100 grams per day as we don't absorb it all. 

Try more water as well, just jolt your body for a few days and see if that makes a difference; it sounds like your body is holding on to the calories you are taking in - 'starvation mode' - surprise it with a few more and see what happens. 
oxfordcat
on 3/6/12 2:58 am - NJ
i guess i didn't post abou****er.  I do drink about 48-60 oz a day. 
I am looking to shake up the bod a bit.  LOL  Need some ideas how...thanks.  I appreciate it
"Something has changed within me. Something is not the same". Elphaba    
JJ_
on 3/7/12 5:00 am
I agree with the other poster....you are probably not eating ENOUGH with the amount of exercise that you are doing.

Good luck Catherine in figuring this out.

Judy
Most Active