Is this a compliment???

MyLady Heidi
on 3/7/12 7:52 am
I went to the grocery store to get some weigh control oatmeal and when I was leaving at around 5:30pm I was walking out to my car when this old lady was trying to park.  She had to make a 12 point turn to get into her spot and I had to wait so she didn't run me over.  I looked over at the guy in the car behind her and he was smiling to himself, I assumed over the awful parking job.  So finally I get to my car and am putting my seat belt on and the guy from the car comes over to me, signalling he had something to say.  I rolled my window down and he says to me I know you're really tired but I just had to tell you that you look really gorgeous, even though you are so tired.  WTF, it was 5:30pm, I was no more tired then any other day, so really this sounds to me way more like an insult then a compliment.  So basically he said you look gorgeous for an old hag?  lol  I mean seriously who says things like this, I said thanks and rolled up my window.  I told my boyfriend and he agreed it was a very odd thing to say.  I guess its really time to start saving up for that full face lift.  lol

So what do you think compliment or insult?
LeeLee72
on 3/7/12 8:05 am - Niagara Falls, NY
 It was a compliment .. he was just clueless!! Backhanded compliment. 

MyLady Heidi
on 3/7/12 8:39 am
Now that I think about it a few weeks ago I was going to the same grocery store and putting on lipstick in my car before I went in.  When I got out the guy in the car next to me said you don't need all that makeup you are beautiful.  I laughed and said NO, makeup helps, even my ex husband who hated makeup said (on our honeymoon when he saw me without makeup for the first time) that we would have to keep the money in the budget for makeup.  I should have divorced him on the spot.  lol  This might be why I hate men. lol
DebsGiz
on 3/7/12 7:42 pm - FL

When my husband and I were first married, he was watching me put on my make-up one morning and said "you know, watching you put on your make-up is like watching a transformation..." 

I had to laugh because I knew he meant it as a compliment, and I actually do have to agree with him.  I even joke that God did not make me especially pretty, but He did at least give me a decent canvass to work with.  LoL
Lisa S.
on 3/7/12 8:11 am - Lexington, NC
Mini Gastric Bypass on 03/14/12
I think he was 'trying' to compliment you. Some folks don't know how to give compliments though, LOL. (i.e. My MIL) So what did you say back?
MyLady Heidi
on 3/7/12 8:32 am
I think I said ummm thanks.  Rolled up the window and said to myself if thats this guys game, he should change sports.
SweetAndSassyOne
on 3/7/12 8:14 am - Kingston, Canada
I would take it as a compliment, if he thought you were an "old hag" I doubt he would have built up the courage to approach you.  Men really are clueless sometimes.  :)

SweetAndSassyOne
"Nothing Tastes as Good as Skinny Feels"

MyLady Heidi
on 3/7/12 8:35 am
I am pretty good at intimidating most men into not approaching me, I need to step up my game.  lol
michele1
on 3/7/12 8:15 am
Revision on 07/07/15
Some Men babble and get confused when confronting a good looking Woman (so I hear lol).....if he took the time to walk up to you and tell you that then it was a compliment.........no doubt in my mind....

MyLady Heidi
on 3/7/12 8:34 am
The fact he mentioned I was so tired twice was really weird.  I looked in my rearview mirror to see how "tired" I looked, maybe he mistook grouchy for tired?  lol
Most Active