Pincushion!

Dorathea
on 3/8/12 8:05 am - Lexington, KY
Revision on 03/28/12
I'm so sick of being a pin cushion.  After the last 2 days of pre-op testing, I am totally over nurses and needles.  2 IV's and it took 5 tries to get them started.  I know when I'm in the hospital that I will be a pincushion again, but I just pray they give me time to heal from this go round.  My poor right hand is still so sore from the first IV attempt yesterday and it is a lovely shade of purple too.  I just love bruises.  Thanks for letting me vent.

<-------Pharmacist  I can answer general questions, but for more serious questions always ask your surgeon.

newme2011-2012
on 3/8/12 1:59 pm
JUST WAIT UNTIL YOUR CHECK UPS AFTER!!!! They took 8 viles out at once... 3,6,9,& 12 mo..
EKKKKKK!!!
Julie
  Highest weight 330 - GW 150  

rbb825
on 3/8/12 3:12 pm - Suffern, NY
8 vials- you are lucky, I usually have 15

Chilipepper
on 3/8/12 2:36 pm
That ain't nothin...lol  That is a good day!   I know it sucks but enjoy it...it is all part of the ride to a healthy life.  Just be thankful we have this option! 

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

Gina 21 Years Out
on 3/8/12 6:40 pm - Burleson, TX

DORTHEA-vent away, girl-it's part of what we are here for!

Hang in there-I bet it gets better!

I used to be a "vein-less wonder". They had to get blood from between my toes..seriously...now they can spear chunk an arm vein, from 10 paces (well, almost)..Who knew there were veins under that fat?

Look at those bruises as your "battle wounds"-as your scars will be, in the future-well deserved battle wounds-for a WAR you will WIN !

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

Dorathea
on 3/9/12 8:36 am - Lexington, KY
Revision on 03/28/12
Thanks everyone.  I know this is just the beginning of being a pincushion and I'm normally not that difficult of a stick, but I guess I'm having an off week.  At least my hand is starting to feel better.

<-------Pharmacist  I can answer general questions, but for more serious questions always ask your surgeon.

Most Active