Onmyway143
on 3/9/12 10:42 pm - NY
I am 6 days post-op and so glad I found this site. 

A little bit about me . . . .
I have an auto immune liver disease that may one day require me to have a transplant.  That alone was one of the number one factors in considering WLS. 

I began the process in August 2011 and finally had surgery on March 5th.  In August 2011 I weighed in at 276.8 and signed a contract with my surgeon that I would not gain any weight.  By surgery day on March 5th, I was down to 248.  I lost the pre-op weight by following weigh****chers and attending Zumba classes.  I can't wait to get back to my Zumba classes. 

I am looking forward to interacting with you all. 

The surgery was tough.  I am so glad it is behind me!! 
sam1am
on 3/10/12 1:58 am
Welcome to the board and all the best in your journey!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

tamsb
on 3/10/12 3:08 am - Media, PA
RNY on 03/20/12
Congrats on the beginning of your journey.  It sounds like you are well on your way!  I have surgery scheduled for Tuesday, March 20 and want to get it over with and move on.  I am day 6 of 15 days of protein shakes, sugar free jello,popsickles and broth.  Not too bad - but taking it day by day.  I have had two meetings with the nutritionist but am curious what you ate when you got home from the hospital.
Jack_Fabulous
on 3/10/12 11:25 am - VA
VSG on 02/16/12
 Congratulations and welcome!

Sandra C.
on 3/10/12 2:38 pm - Kalamazoo, MI
 Happy to see a new face, welcome!!!
Which surgery did you have ? I like Zumba at my gym too.

Sandra  ;-)

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Duodenal Switch- lap
Dr. Paul. Kemmeter Grand Rapids, Mi.
Dr. John  Renucci, Plastics, Body contouring,Grand Rapids, Mi.
Start 255/ Surgery wt 235/ Current wt. 117

BMI-20, 135 lbs lost, 5'3"

Most Active