One more week to pre-op liquid diet.

loricrisp
on 3/12/12 5:44 am - Salt Lake City, UT
VSG on 03/27/12
I have one more week till I am on my pre-op liquid diet.  Is it bad that I am indulging in all my favorite food and drink because it feels like I am on my last meal?  I feel like I should be getting use to eating less, but pretty soon I wont have many options and I will be forced to eat less and wont have a choice, so why not enjoy my last week?   Is this common or should I be reducing my caloric intake now?

Machita
on 3/12/12 9:08 am - MN
 I absolutely did the same thing. It's probably not right, but it worked for me to "grieve". The first 3 days of liquid for me were not easy, but after was easier. I ABSOLUTELY recommend Unjury's Chicken Soup protein drink. You'll be so sick of sweet stuff and this tastes really good. 
loricrisp
on 3/13/12 7:55 am - Salt Lake City, UT
VSG on 03/27/12
Thanks - Where did you purchase chicken soup protein drinks? 
Machita
on 3/13/12 9:02 am - MN
 I purchased them from Unjury's website. My dietician also said its the best quality protein. Just google Unjury. 

tamsb
on 3/12/12 1:29 pm - Media, PA
RNY on 03/20/12
 I also did the same thing.  I have been on my pre-op liquid diet for 8 days and will continue until surgery on 3-20. The first couple of days were tough but it gets easier and the shakes start to taste ok after awhile. I mix my shake with less water and two cups of ice cubes in the blender. By day three they started to taste like a Wendy's Frosty. Good luck. What is your surgery date?
loricrisp
on 3/13/12 7:57 am - Salt Lake City, UT
VSG on 03/27/12
My surgery date is 03/27.  I am getting sleeved and only have to be on liquids for one week prior to surgery.  I am glad that it gets easier.  I like the idea of mixing the drinks in the blender with ice cubes.  Good luck on your surgery.  Which one are you doing?
tamsb
on 3/13/12 10:40 am - Media, PA
RNY on 03/20/12
I'm having Roux-en-Y.  Getting closer....
JoyceannTuck
on 3/13/12 11:20 am - DEER PARK, WA
Lap Band on 04/07/11 with
I thought one of the reasons for the protein shake, was to reduce food intake for initial weight loss and to shrink the liver, making surgery safer.  They lift and move your liver around during surgery, and heavy people tend of have boggy fatty, fragile livers, making surgery more risky...
Most Active