Pre-op diet and diarrhea.

shasta101
on 3/17/12 1:55 am
RNY on 03/20/12

I am just curious did anyone else experience diarrhea with their pre-op diet. I have IBS but  my bowels are so bad now. I even had an accident trying to get to the bathroom. Its really bad, no cramping or anything just severe diarrhea.

undergoingchange
on 3/17/12 3:37 am
You could be allergic to (or intollerant of) the whey protein.  I had a friend who experienced this problem.

Hope you feel better soon and things straighten out for you.

Valerie G.
on 3/17/12 5:52 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
 If they have you taking some liquid diet somethingorother, you may be reacting to the whey, artificial sweeteners, or something else.  Call the doc and tell them you need something else.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

(deactivated member)
on 3/17/12 6:01 am - NY
RNY on 03/21/12
I had the same thing, still am, just summed it up to all the liquids, tried to eat more cottage cheese/ yogurt throughout the day but still experiencing it, I think it's just that out bodies aren't used to mit. mine isnt anyways
shasta101
on 3/17/12 6:07 am
RNY on 03/20/12
I may be allergic to the whey, all I can have is juice, broth, sugar-free jello and sugar free Popsicles. I hope its just from the juice and the Ibs. Thanks everyone for replying. Tuesday morning is my surgery. I have lost 3.5 pounds in 3 days on this liquid diet.

AUDREY A.
on 3/17/12 12:20 pm - McKinney, TX
Revision on 03/21/12
I had the same issues for the first couple of days.. today is not so bad.
zabber
on 3/17/12 11:18 pm
RNY on 02/28/12
I had had the same issue post op for about 2 weeks...beware, you have nothing to get rid of BUT fluid even after surgery so you will have loose stool...week 2 when you can get cottage cheese and yogurt it will stop...the surgery is not as bad as I thought it would be and now that I am on the other side, I DO NOT REGRET A THING!! Just follow the rules and you will do great! 

Jack_Fabulous
on 3/18/12 2:16 pm - VA
VSG on 02/16/12
Yes. I had it. I was not eating any fiber or solids. Everything was liquid so it stood to reason that I'd get it.

Most Active