9 days and counting

Dorathea
on 3/19/12 5:23 am - Lexington, KY
Revision on 03/28/12

9 days until the big day.  This high protein diet may be the end of me.  I know the importance of eating protein, but I would really love to eat something right now that is only carbs.  LOL!

<-------Pharmacist  I can answer general questions, but for more serious questions always ask your surgeon.

tabrielle10
on 3/19/12 5:54 am

My first day of the (2 week window) started on yesterday.  Its difficult at first, but you must wrap your mind around the amazing outcome if you would just discipline yourself.  You need to do something to get you mind off the the carbs.  My suggestion to you is to find another outlet where you are actually tricking your mind off the carbs.  Plenty of liquid proteins to keep you full and chicken broth if you find yourself getting hungry in an hour or 2.   You've come to far to get off now.  Stay strong and keep the faith!  You are almost in a place where you will see the fruits of your labor!  I had to convince myself of this as well, and is doing so until my surgery.  My surgery is set for 04/04/2012. 

tabrielle10
on 3/19/12 6:57 am
That's wonderful!...you should be just fine.  Word of advise though, please have a meeting with your family regarding your life change.  It wouldn't be a bad idea if "fam" were more supportive of you regarding your journey to eating healthy, and this could very well be beneficial for them to learn healthy eating too.  This way everyone is on the same page with living a long fulfilling life via eating and cooking differently.  My family is quite supportive of what is going on with me, and let me tell you, my (thin kids) are not happy campers, although they do respect the new protocol of the kitchen!  I started changing my pallets 3 weeks ago, and the grocery list is quite different.  The kids are actually enjoying some of the choices I have made to enhance on our eating habits and selection of carbs.  There are good carbs, so don't worry about having to give them up. Our main goal is to eat less and continue good eating habits with exercise as a plus! 

Good luck!  I hope to hear about your praise report after you get sleeved!
Dorathea
on 3/19/12 6:42 am - Lexington, KY
Revision on 03/28/12
I'm doing much better than last week and I know that the results of the surgery will be amazing.  It just doesn't help that my family is eating lots of carb laden stuff.  I've been really good.  No candy or sweets since middle of February (gave those up for Lent).  My surgeon isn't so strict on just following a liquid diet.  I am allowed to add in "solids"-high protein solids if I am hungry in between shakes.  Thanks for the words of encouragement.

<-------Pharmacist  I can answer general questions, but for more serious questions always ask your surgeon.

Jack_Fabulous
on 3/19/12 1:54 pm - VA
VSG on 02/16/12
Hang in there. It gets easier.

Most Active