Bariatric Eating Ready to Drink Protein

marfinlee
on 3/22/12 4:25 am
 Has anyone had an issue with Bariatric Eatings customer service lately? I ordered their Believe RTD in January, they charged my card and still have not shipped the product. They keep saying it was a pre sale and will ship when it comes in but still no shipment. They don't answer phone calls( I have left several messages) nor e mails. Then I get an email 2 days ago saying Believes are on sale and  buy them at a presale price. What gives? Are they so backed up in orders that they cannot ship but continue to take orders. I have been a loyal customer to them for many years and I am so frustrated. IS Customer Service a thing of the past?
M M
on 3/22/12 7:21 am
They've been playing this game for months and months.

You are not alone.

Your best bet is to take it to their Facebook page publicly, and Twitter.  Susan seems to respond to social media pokes.

marfinlee
on 3/22/12 8:11 am
 I just did what you suggested in posting on their Facebook page and Twitter.  Will see if that gets any where. I have been purchasing the ProJo's thru Bariatric Advantage. They don't offer a Cappuccino but at least they deliver with in a few weeks and they answer their phones.
M M
on 3/22/12 10:17 am
Read the ingredient panels on both products.

You decide if they are the same or not.  
marfinlee
on 3/23/12 12:27 am
 I noticed that the sodium is higher on the ProJoes and it has lower sugar than the Believe's. other wise all the rest of the values were the same. I may stick with the ProJoes, less hassle.
M M
on 3/23/12 1:19 am
 Bariatric Advantage is a huge company, and can afford to keep buying the product.
(deactivated member)
on 3/23/12 8:18 am - Mexico
(deactivated member)
on 3/23/12 12:36 am, edited 3/23/12 12:36 am
I would notify my credit card to dispute the purchase immediately.  They are not financially solvent if they cannot deliver product yet allow you to order with a 30 day auto-ship.  They are taking pre-orders in the hope of gaining enough capital to manufacture the product.  They don't own their own facilities and cannot afford the cost of a small run at another facility.  They will keep taking orders (your money****il they are bankrupt OR can actually afford to manufacture it.
caroletee
on 3/23/12 3:29 am
I agree with Christopher -

Merchants are not permitted to charge your card until the product is shipped. Period -

Be sure you have approximate dates, times, emails etc. when you contacted the merchant for information/clarification. Even indicate if you couldn't get an answer etc.

Good luck!
(deactivated member)
on 3/23/12 3:35 am - Mexico
On March 23, 2012 at 7:36 AM Pacific Time, Christopher_J wrote:
I would notify my credit card to dispute the purchase immediately.  They are not financially solvent if they cannot deliver product yet allow you to order with a 30 day auto-ship.  They are taking pre-orders in the hope of gaining enough capital to manufacture the product.  They don't own their own facilities and cannot afford the cost of a small run at another facility.  They will keep taking orders (your money****il they are bankrupt OR can actually afford to manufacture it.

Agreed.  I happen to know that they are chronically late in paying their bills.  I don't think they are doing as great as they would have everone believe.
Most Active