Question? and update.

shasta101
on 3/29/12 12:35 pm
RNY on 03/20/12
I went to Dr. today and got a good update. I am allowed pureed food now. I was wondering, I forgot to ask how long I have to grind my pills to a pulp? Also I am down 12 pounds since surgery...whoo hooooo and down 24 total. I am feeling so good and I am off my diabetic meds already. another whoo hoooo..

MrsLitch
on 3/29/12 2:27 pm - Morris, IL
RNY on 06/04/12
WTG!!!
Gina 21 Years Out
on 3/29/12 7:57 pm - Burleson, TX

SHASTA-woohoo on the decrease in meds!!!!! THAT is so much more a "measure of success" than that darn scale-in the long run-IMHO-but we sure do like to see that NUMBER go down too (I know, I know!!)..

As for the pills...if you can swallow a fair amt "pureed" you can probably swallow fair size pills, ONE at a time. Crushed pills are no fun, and to get past that would ann added bonus for you..

I'm so glad you post so often. I betcha of people are lurking and learning from you!!

I know you are feeling "so good" now-but PLEASE don't OVER do it-okay???? Many peep**** a "slump at 3 weeks". As a nurse, I attribute it to anesthesia and body trauma as much as anything-can happen with ANY surgery...please be sure you are getting enough fluids and REST..put yourself FIRST

Continued success to you!

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

shasta101
on 3/30/12 3:40 am
RNY on 03/20/12
Thanks for the answer. I have been pacing myself. I am lucky to have a very supportive and helpful fiancee. Yeah the pill crushing is rough they taste so bad. The nurse at the hospital told me I would have to do it forever, I was thinking I will ask the forum.
Gina 21 Years Out
on 3/30/12 11:44 pm - Burleson, TX
Hate to call BS on a "nurse sister"..but..ummm..NO..you will NOT have to crush forver...I take handfulls of horsepill vitamins, etc every single day (30+ yr nurse here)

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

Isabelsjewelry
on 3/30/12 3:45 am
 They had me swallowing pills a day after surgery. The key is to swallow one and wait 10 minutes. At least that is what I was told. Now that I am 3 weeks out I can swallow 2 small pills, then wait 10 minutes to take my bigger ones. Like I can take my abilify and xanax together, but then I wait 10 minutes, take my lexapro, wait 10 minutes then take my trazadone.
Yes I'm a nut job, but at least i'm a friendly nutjob! LOL

RNY(3/8/2012)    
Most Active