What were your gallbladder symptoms?

46_11tobeme
on 4/1/12 7:25 am - NJ
 I posted this on the VSG forum, but wanted to get some input on this forum since gallbladder issues seem to affect many of us after all kinds of WLS. I have some pain on my right side under ribcage, but the worst symptom I am having is nausea. Just wondering if anyone else experienced symptoms that werent the classic "pain so bad you went to the ER".  I have a prescription to get an US - wondering if your gallstones showed up with US too.  Is there a better test? Thanks for any input!
(BTW I had VSG on 10/24 so am 5 months out and about 54 lbs down).

Queen Koosa
on 4/1/12 8:42 am
I had mine out way before I ever had wls.  Mine was severe pain in my back.  They did an ultra sound and I had stones took out my gallbladder that day.
DON'T DREAM YOUR LIFE.
 LIVE YOUR DREAMS

lmf1964
on 4/1/12 9:37 am - MI
VSG on 03/28/12
Did your doctor put you on meds for gall bladder issues after surgery?  If not you should have been.  It is very common to have gall bladder problems after WLS.  I had mine out before WLS.  They found mine in a CT scan.  Good luck!

"Some day I WILL be a beautiful butterfly" - Heimlich from 'Bugs Life'     
hollykim
on 4/1/12 10:05 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
i had pain center of my chest radiating around my right rib cage and into my back. just a dull ache and yes US is the best test to check,
GL

aled1223
on 4/1/12 11:09 am
 I thought I was having a heart attack. I was 28 yrs old . That was 14 yrs ago.
LeeLee72
on 4/1/12 11:35 am - Niagara Falls, NY
 my symptoms were the severe, 'having a heart attack please call the ambulance' type symptoms. my doctor put me on reflux meds after surgery. are you taking those?

(deactivated member)
on 4/1/12 12:21 pm - MI
I had my gall bladder removed years before surgery, but my symptoms were chest paint all the way through to the back.  it was soooo intense, I thought I was having a heart attack.

http://fordgrl73180.bodybyvi.com/
MyOwnSunshine
on 4/1/12 12:49 pm
I begged my surgeon to take my gallbladder out during surgery, but my US was good and she didn't/couldn't.  Now I'm getting symptoms (like I have every time I lose weight) like chest pain radiating to right back with nausea and epigastric pain.  It sucks.  There's no way I can afford to take off work this soon for another surgery.  I hope the symptoms go away -- if not, I'll probably have to have mine out this spring.
" I am not at all concerned with appearing to be consistent. In my pursuit after Truth I have discarded many ideas and learnt many new things."  Ghandi            
46_11tobeme
on 4/1/12 10:25 pm - NJ
 Thanks for the responses. I am on Ursodiol for gallbladder (since surgery) and Prilosec 40mg so I wasnt expecting a problem, especially since my wt loss has been slow. Taking time off work again will be a problem. Going to try to get an US today.

DeeShum
on 4/1/12 11:23 pm - AZ
I was curled up in bed with severe pain radiating from my back.
Most Active