My hair may be doing the opposite??

Dorathea
on 4/3/12 12:59 am - Lexington, KY
Revision on 03/28/12
I know it's early and that I am only 6 days post-op, but I feel like my hair is growing like crazy.  I started out with a pixie cut anyway, but now I am starting to feel like a shaggy dog.  My hair has always been baby fine, but maybe this increased intake of protein has had a positive impact on my hair.   hmmmm.  interesting.  Any thoughts??

<-------Pharmacist  I can answer general questions, but for more serious questions always ask your surgeon.

Lisa S.
on 4/3/12 1:03 am - Lexington, NC
Mini Gastric Bypass on 03/14/12
I'm 3 weeks post op, and I have found that my fingernails are growing like crazy too. OOhhh...how I pray the hair Gods come visit me! That is one of my fears...losing my hair!

*fingers crossed!
Dorathea
on 4/3/12 1:07 am - Lexington, KY
Revision on 03/28/12
Now that you mention it, my nails are growing like crazy too.  I'm totally going to have to go get a manicure.

<-------Pharmacist  I can answer general questions, but for more serious questions always ask your surgeon.

MacMadame
on 4/3/12 1:21 am - Northern, CA
 Early post-op when I was doing protein bullets in between my protein shakes, my hair, skin and nails were FANTASTIC. Unfortunately, whenI stopped the bullets, they went back to normal. Sigh.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

MyLady Heidi
on 4/3/12 1:31 am
Lets see what you have to say about that at 6 months out.  Don't be surprised when its falling out really badly.  Eventually it stops.  Mine falls out after any surgery for 6 months.  Yeah me.
Valerie G.
on 4/3/12 8:03 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
 protein, vitamins, all are good.  
The hair loss takes a few months for the new growth to push out the old stuff.  

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

MsBatt
on 4/3/12 8:13 am
Hair loss associated with surgery---any sort of surgery, not just WLS---usually starts about THREE MONTHS after surgery. Google telogen effluvium.
H.A.L.A B.
on 4/3/12 8:38 am
proteins and vitamins..

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active