8 weeks out?

UBet2012
on 4/8/12 12:06 pm - IL
RNY on 09/17/12
Hello All. I have begun the process for the RNY surgery. Need 4 more trips to the dietitian  The soonest I can have the surgery is the beginning of June. I have a business trip the second week of August, which would be about 8 weeks out. How will I be feeling at this point? I am thinking about scheduling the surgery after the trip.  Not sure how well I will be doing with my eating routine in restaurants and hotels. I am so excited to start my journey.  Please give my experiences at 8 weeks out. Thanks...
JJ_
on 4/9/12 4:05 am

You are wondering how you will feel 8 weeks out?  I went back to work after 8 weeks of RNY surgery.  I found it hard to get used to the different eating, planning, scheduling vitamins, ensuring enough fluids, etc.  At 3 months out I find it is much easier, almost second nature.  I had no complications post-surgery, no pain, nausea, constipation, difficulty eating or drinking.

Good luck in your decision making.

Judy

H.A.L.A B.
on 4/9/12 5:14 am
I was really tired.  I needed a mid morning nap - for app 2 months post op. It took me 3-4 months to feel better.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Jenni_9yrspostop
on 4/9/12 7:43 am
I had open RNY and went back to work during week 2 of recouperation. I felt great, had no drains or external stitches and was fine. My doc doesn't have us on any protein shakes but real food - soft, pureed then regular food. At 8 weeks I was eating normally, feeling fine, back to exercising and could have taken a trip. That early out make sure you have foods you can eat in your purse or suitcase. Some hotels or conference centers have a meal that's carb loaded. The breakfasts at most motels are "carb-inental" breakfasts with nothing we can eat on them. Bring yogurt, cheese sticks, peanut butter crackers, jerky and anything else you can use for a meal in case they dont have what you can eat. Make sure to stay hydrated - always have water with you and sip sip sip all day. At 8 weeks out you should be fine. Check with your doc to see if you'll have a drain and staples or stitches to come out and when. Good luck and congrats on your new journey.
Jen 10 yrs post op rny
cupcakesnsmiles
on 4/10/12 4:16 am - NY
RNY on 03/21/12
I'm 4 weeks out and feeling normal again. I went back to work day 8 post op, and back to the gym day 10 post op. The hardest part is remembering water/protein/meals. Like Jenni said, just make sure you have lots of "quick grab stuff" like yogurt, sugarfree jello's, cheese sticks etc. Good luck in your journey!

Month 1: -28lbs  Month 2: -19lbs Month 3: In progress!
Most Active