Almost a week removed from surgery....

lesserman
on 4/9/12 5:58 am - Chicago, IL
...and yes, starting to see some results...just for grins, I weighed myself this morning so that I would have an idea what my weight would be when I have my follow-up appt tomorrow with my surgeon and one of the nurse practitioners. It was 276...yay!! I will wait until next Sunday before I weigh myself again.

This concern is likely premature, but my belly seems to have gotten bigger and the lower half looks very bruised with some yellowis cast to the flesh...trying to remember that it wasn't even a whole week since this major surgery occurred and that I need to be patient...but it looks so bad...
Weight at Heaviest: 320 lbs. 
Weight at Surgery:
283.6 lbs.

Everyone is entitled to my opinion...

karianne
on 4/9/12 6:24 am - Marlborough, MA
Revision on 04/05/12
Wow Congrats!  My stomach feels pretty swollen too and I am seriously bruised from head to toe lol.  All the shots, IV's and my stomach and incisions.  I'm thinking what your seeing is probably completely normal.  Let us know how your appointment goes!  I have my 1 week visit on Friday. 

HW-244, SW-234, CW-207
4/8/04 Lap-band-Goal weight for 5 yrs, Tummy Tuck 6/23/08
Lap-band Leak 4/2011, Revision to Gastric Bypass 4/5/12

lesserman
on 4/9/12 6:44 am - Chicago, IL
Will do!!
Weight at Surgery:
283.6 lbs.

Calliou
on 4/9/12 7:10 am
RNY on 03/27/12
It is perfectly normal to be swollen. And to be bruised. I still have a couple of mean looking bruises from the Lovonox injections I had to have.
But its all worth it... I'm only two weeks out and I feel great already! 

lesserman
on 4/9/12 7:30 am - Chicago, IL
I have noticed that breathing is so much easier...who would have thought?
Weight at Surgery:
283.6 lbs.

Most Active