Really need to get all my fluids in....

lesserman
on 4/7/12 6:59 pm - Chicago, IL
...got up in the middle of the night to urinate and it was darker than it had been since surgery post-op day 1 (THU)...

Have an aching in my back approx where the kidneys are located...hard to believe that there is not a connection...

Maybe start earlier in the day...
Weight at Heaviest: 320 lbs. 
Weight at Surgery:
283.6 lbs.

Everyone is entitled to my opinion...

devaoner
on 4/7/12 8:33 pm
 You need to try harder to get ur fluids in! Trust me I'm no one to talk its was very hard for me I had to be reminded all the time like a baby by my husband. But I found a item that came in handy it was called the gymboss it was like a stop watch I set it for five or three min to take a sip of watch until I felt I was trained enough to remember to drink. It did work but I think any stop watch is the same bu if ur urine gets to dark u my want to get an iv which I've done many times I ve had to go to Ed and just say I had gastric a nd I'm dyhdrated and like an iv I've had no problem receiving it. Good luck
devaoner
on 4/7/12 8:35 pm
 Sorry about the spelling it's my phone it changes words!
sam1am
on 4/7/12 11:08 pm
 I kept a bottle of water by the bed and sipped every time I woke up.  Start earlier and finish later if you have to, but get it all in!

All the best!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

Calliou
on 4/7/12 11:51 pm
RNY on 03/27/12
Im noticing that I am starting to have troubles too. But I am determined to fix it... you will need to be too! Sip sip sip!!!

Valerie G.
on 4/7/12 11:54 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA
 I had a giant cup, filled it, and my goal was to empty it twice a day.  I would carry this cup everywhere with me and take a sip every time I picked it up, every time I put it down, every time I had to do something, and every time I finished doing it.  I took a sip when a commercial came on TV or when I heard a dog bark.  I made drinking games, basically, and it worked beautifully.  Today I stil walk around with a 64oz cup, named "my precious", only I empty that cup 3 times daily.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

lesserman
on 4/8/12 3:26 am - Chicago, IL
UPDATE: Way ahead of yesterday's intake.

As of 12:22 pm, Central time, I've just finished my first 32 oz. of fluid (the goal here being 64 oz./day) and I haven't even had my second protein shake yet (even though it counts as fluid, I'm treating the shakes as food).

Going walking this afternoon...shooting for a couple laps around my block (which is pretty big for a block in an urban residential area)...

Weight at Heaviest: 320 lbs. 
Weight at Surgery:
283.6 lbs.

Everyone is entitled to my opinion...

Most Active