Scar tissue concerns

H.A.L.A B.
on 4/9/12 2:57 am
What you describe would, by now, be more the exception than the rule, yes?

Specifically, the healing going overboard...obviously, it occurs, but with less frequency, yes?

Not really IMO... Most of us get scar tissue and never know about it because it does not create an issue...unless you need another surgery...

Google....it
i.e.
http://www.scar-tissue-facts.com/what_is_scar_tissue

http://www.adhesionpain.net/2010/02/internal-scar-tissue.htm l

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 4/9/12 11:54 am - OH
No, actually almost everyone gets adhesions... They just don't cause severe problems in most people.  The more surgeries you have, the more adhesions you will have, so people with multiple aurgeries are much more likely to have problems with adhesions.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

lady_myst
on 4/9/12 4:11 am
I was just wondering....and yes i will google it......does anyone know if this can present at 19 months out?  I just sailed through my GB.  No issues.  I stay strict with the nutrition rules and water and vitamins and stomach meds....and yet...i am now having pain for the first time!  Sometimes it is even when i drink.  My doc and I are seeing if it isnt a ....well tmi i guess....constipation issue maybe or something else.  He has told me that if i am in serious pain like i was to go to the e.r. and not mess around one little bit.  Sometimes it hurts when i drink, sometimes it is better.  i dont know.  The thought of another surgery...ugh.  but i dont want to mess around either.  I am not complaining and i dont regret my decision at all.  just a little concerned about this thing.  anyone had this?  just wondering.  thanks. 

MacMadame
on 4/9/12 3:58 pm - Northern, CA
At 19 months out, it's more likely to be an ulcer or possibly a bowel obstruction.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

mamakat
on 4/11/12 4:36 pm
I had this problem- adhesions- at 12 months and again at 14 months. After the second surgery I felt like a new person.
May of 2009 had wls, then in May of 2010 I had GB surgery but when the dr was in there he saw that the GB wasn't really the problem it was adhesions. He removed them and the Gb but I never really recovered and had to go back in to surgery in July of 2010 to have more adhesions removed.  I haven't had too many problems since then. Occasional pain but not too much.
Most Active