Disney Vacation Post OP

Michelle P.
on 4/10/12 5:44 am - FL
RNY on 05/14/12
Hi everyone,

I'm having my RNY on May 14th and will be going on vacation on June 9th to Disney. So I will be 3 1/2 going on my 4th week post op. We are staying in a Villa with a full kitchen so I'll have everything I need, my almond milk, protein, puddings, soup, etc. I'm even taking my magic bullet. Anyone go to Disney (or any theme park) a month out. I'm a Florida girl and we go all the time. We're going to the water parks too, I think I'll pass on the slides and just enjoy relaxing in and around the pools :)

disneyfan551
on 4/10/12 6:19 am - Great Smoky Mountains, NC
VSG on 05/07/12
Wow...we are in a similar boat!  I'm waiting on my VSG surgery date now and should hear this week.  I'm hoping it will be in early May.  I will also be going to Disney in early June and wondering how in the "World" I'm going to be able to do this!  I guess it all depends on when my surgery is, and what my food stage is at the time.  I'm sure it will be a pain, but I will do whatever it takes to stay on track while I'm there!  Good luck to you!! 
HeatherBlood
on 4/10/12 7:36 am - Anchorage, AK
Hey Michelle,

I actually went to Disney 1 month out from my surgery and I did pretty well.  However, I got tired really easily and had to make sure I had plenty of water and some protein with me at all times.  It was a bit difficult, but I still had a a good time.  I even went to Blizzard beach and rode the slides.  I am not sure if your surgery will be laproscopic or not, mine was and I think that helped with recovery.

HeatherB
327/320/172/209/185
Highest/Before surgery/lowest/Current/New Goal!
10 years out in June!

CAnutfarmer
on 4/10/12 7:57 am
I went to DL 2 months post RNY and had a good time. Just be sure to pay attention to your body's signals. I let myself get too tired and a little dehydrated and ended up passing out in line to Indiana Jones. I scared the crap out of the party i was with. I knew i was fading, but thought i could tough it out. Didn't work out that way. The rest of the trip was just fine.

So bottom line...take it slow and you'll have a fantastic time.

HW 254 SW 247 CW 162 GW 145  

First 5K                                        37:48
First Trail 1/2 Marathon            3hr 30min
First Regular 1/2 Marathon     3hr 7min
1/2 Marathon 5/20/12               3hr 6min
stewartjackie
on 4/10/12 8:23 am - Pickering, Canada
have a wonderful time!!

Most Active