My Cardiolgist starting the process?

Dean66
on 4/11/12 12:15 pm - Clackamas, OR
Hello all, I was wondering if anyone had ever heard of a Cardiologist starting the process for you to have the WLS?

History:
I filled out all the paperwork and forms online for the clinic here in Oregon. I was told my insurance denied it because they considered it cosmetic.
I had some tests done by a cardilologist and told him I was there to see hime because of a few reasons. One being I wanted to make sure my heart was in OK shape. I told him I was denied and he told me that with all the problems I do have it is medicaly nessicary to have the surgery.
I have not been to the clinic yet so they said it would be best for him to start the process with the insuracne comany then have him refer me over to them. I wouldn't have to be considered private pay then.

Is this a good thing?

Thank you
JJ_
on 4/11/12 4:40 pm
Yes it is a good thing.  Have you decided which surgery to have?. What is your BMI?  Do you have any co-morbidities?

Judy
Dean66
on 4/13/12 1:05 pm - Clackamas, OR
I am torn between the sleeve and the bypass. My BMI is 56.1. I have apnea, just diagnosed with diabetes and a few other things. LOL
JJ_
on 4/13/12 4:32 pm
Good luck in your decision making.  Post-surgery I am no longer on a diabetes medication!!  YAY. 

Judy
MsBatt
on 4/14/12 12:52 pm
Please also research a procedure called the Duodenal Switch (DS for short.) The DS has the very BEST long-term, maintained weight-loss stats, PLUS the best stats for resolving or preventing a lot of co-morbs---especially diabetes and high cholestrol. And while the DS has the best weight-loss stats for patients of ANY size, this is especially true for those of us with a BMI greater than 50.
Most Active