1st week back to work and STALLED

Popclub
on 4/14/12 1:28 am - MD
Revision on 02/28/12
 So after 6 weeks I went back to work.  For some reason, I did not lose anything all week. I figure that maybe I failed to eat enough proteins and maybe drink enough too. I am now trying to get It together,, plan better, and resume journalling daily. 

What usually causes a stall?

Mary Catherine
on 4/14/12 1:52 am
 Often a change in sleep patterns.  Are you getting enough sleep?  Are you tossing and turning. Our body need at least three hours of deep sleep to lose the most weight.  Water and protein are good, but getting to bed early and getting an eight hour uninterruped night of sleep will really help.
Popclub
on 4/14/12 2:46 am - MD
Revision on 02/28/12
 Yes, I think I get enough sleep. 
nicoleista
on 4/14/12 1:03 pm - MI
VSG on 03/05/12
I am having the same experience. I lost a lot of weight in the first 4 weeks but have been in a stall for the past 2. I thought returning to work this week would break the stall because I was walking more, eating 60 grams of protein daily and doing okay with water. I am not getting as much water as I should but not so bad that I'm deyhdrated (averaging 30 oz of water a day which is less then what i should). I'm trying not to panic but it is hard not to worry. I get mixed messages about how much protein I need. My doctor says 60 to 70 (I'm a vsg so I don't need as much as an RNY) however my therapist says I should get 70-80 for weight loss. IDK...it can be confusing at times. I get enough sleep, could get more water, but how much protein??

I have wondered whether returning to work is contributing to muscle gain...don't they say muscle weighs more then fat? Don't know.

Popclub
on 4/15/12 11:18 pm - MD
Revision on 02/28/12
 The stall has ended. I don't think I was eating enough.

Beejay

Most Active