Protica Protein Supplement Products

CelticSoul
on 4/19/12 3:51 am, edited 4/19/12 3:56 am

I'm wondering if anyone has tried or has any information on the Protica Protein Products advertised here on OH.  I went to the site and reviewed their products but, remain concerned that there appears to be some FDA compliance issues.  Anyone know anything about that?  I'm always seeking a more palatable way (as many ) to get in all my protein for the day.

Thanks for the help and wishing everyone a great weekend!

Celtie

Dorathea
on 4/19/12 6:23 am - Lexington, KY
Revision on 03/28/12
I get the Sunkist from them and they taste pretty darn good straight out of the bottle, especially refrigerated.  They are also the protein they gave me at the hospital.

<-------Pharmacist  I can answer general questions, but for more serious questions always ask your surgeon.

InkdSpEdTchr
on 4/19/12 6:50 am
I hope you're just drinking it for taste, and not for protein! That brand is mostly collagen protein- which we don't really absorb. Sorry to be the bearer of such tidings, but if you are looking for something to help you get to your protein goals- this is not it!

:Danni  >>>AIDS/LifeCycle 10 & 11 Finisher: 545miles on the bike in 7 days <<<
HW390/SW340/CW 208/GW170

InkdSpEdTchr
on 4/19/12 6:47 am
Well unfortunately this is not the way to do it. The Protica protein is mostly collagen, which is something that we don't absorb. So the negligible amount of protein that you get, isn't really worth it.

When looking for a protein supplement you really need to look for the number one ingredient to be Whey Isolate (or concentrate).

Best of Luck,

HW390/SW340/CW 208/GW170

anewbeginning2012
on 4/19/12 9:03 am - IN
RNY on 10/01/12
 Thanks for the info on the different proteins. I didn't know there was a difference. (I am just starting on the WLS journey and have alot to learn)
InkdSpEdTchr
on 4/20/12 3:02 am
No worries, that's what these forums are for- Ask away!

HW390/SW340/CW 208/GW170

Addie1od
on 4/20/12 6:16 am - philadlephia, PA
i made the mistake of getting the protein shots 25 g protein in 100 calories or something like that. i drank about 7 of them before i found out that they were useless and can i add - the are DISGUSTING. it was horrible tasting. i happily gave them to my body builder friends!
Be well, and always - take care of you!
a.

CelticSoul
on 4/20/12 6:55 am
THANKS to Everyone for their input.  I am a newbie and learning the difference in the proper protein is invaluable both economically and nutrionally.

Thanks !!

Celtie

Most Active