10 days out with a question

akjustagirl
on 4/19/12 2:12 am
RNY on 04/09/12
I am 10 days out from gastric bypass.  I have lost 17 pounds but don't see it.  I put on a pair of jeans this morning to go to work and they fit the same as pre 17 pound loss.  Does this seem strange to anyone else?  Also, my stomach looks much bigger than it did before.  I know they pumped me full of air but I would think that would be gone by now.

(deactivated member)
on 4/19/12 2:15 am - PA
 i know how you feel. i was bloated for a couple weeks after surgery and it seemed like the scale was going down but my size wasnt. then suddenly i hit my first plateau 2 weeks out of surgery and i wanted to cry, all of a sudden about 5 weeks after surgery all my clothes were baggy. now im 6 months out and 100 pounds down. a lot of people told me they could tell but it wasnt til i did a side by side photo that people can really notice now. you will see changes, it just takes a little bit of time. everyone heals different everyone loses differently. 

good luck! 

~Rockie

me3
Sarah R.
on 4/19/12 3:12 am

My stomach was quite swollen for about a month after surgery. It also took probably 25+ pounds before I noticed any difference in clothing fit. It will come no worries :))

Stayce_C
on 4/19/12 6:25 am
I am 18 days out and my clothes still fit the same too. I am 20 pounds down and I keep asking my clothes why they are not loose. I still have lots of bruising, so I figure I am still a little swollen. Keep eating right and it will happen. I know we want to see immediate results but we have to be patient.
JaneJetson
on 4/21/12 10:32 am
RNY on 05/07/12
 Hang tight. I know we want to be 67lbs lighter right after surgery. LOL   Everything I have read on OH helps you see that it takes some time to get fluids out, swelling down and so on.  My surgery is May 7th and truth be told I just want a good recovery and the rest will come.  Take care!  Jane in California
Most Active