Vitamin recommendations

mustangmama
on 4/26/12 5:28 am - TX
RNY on 01/03/12
Hi everyone...it's been several months since I've posted.  Hope everyone's losing and doing great!!!

I'm burning out on the Bariactric Advantage brand of chewable vitamins, citrate and Vitamin D and want to switch over to vitamins that I can swallow.  I don't have any issues with things going through my pouch, but I do have an issue getting large pills down my esophegus.

Can anyone recommend the brand of vitamin, citrate and D that are the smallest pills?

Thanks,
Dana

poet_kelly
on 4/26/12 5:57 am - OH
BA has multivitamin capsules that I think are pretty small - you have to take six a day.  Celebrate has multi capsules that you have to take three a day - I think they are a bit larger than the BA ones.

I use a generic multi from Meijer, which is equivalent to Centrum.  It's big, but smaller than actual Centrum is.  Most multis are kinda big because they have so much stuff in them.

Calcium citrate tablets are all big.  Citracal makes "petites" which are smaller than most, but they still aren't tiny.  And they only have 200 mg calcium per tablet so you have to take eight to ten a day.

I use the 50,000 IU D3 capsules from vitalady.com.  They are pretty small and easy to swallow.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

mustangmama
on 4/30/12 5:42 am - TX
RNY on 01/03/12
Thanks for the information, Kelly.  The largest pill I can swallow is the size of a gel dulcolax, so I probably will need to stick with chewables.  They're not really that bad, but sometimes it would be nice to just quickly swallow a pill without having to run and brush my teeth like I do with each chewable.

Appreciate your feedback...

Valerie G.
on 4/27/12 12:40 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA
 If you can get them down, Centrum (or generic equivalent) is a great multi, and Caltrate makes "petites"  The rest you can piece together OTC.  If your D is low, get the megadoses from Vitalady.com.  Even 50k units is as tiny as Benedryl.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

mustangmama
on 4/30/12 5:45 am - TX
RNY on 01/03/12
Thanks, Valerie.  

My D is low, so I'm taking the 50,000 IU BA chewables now.  I'm going to try the megadose petities from Vitalady because they seem small enough to swallow.  Appreciate your feedback...

mustangmama
on 4/30/12 5:47 am - TX
RNY on 01/03/12
 Thanks for the feedback, Valerie...I'm going to order the D megadoses from Vitalady right now.

Most Active