May I borrow your time machine?

cupcakesnsmiles
on 5/1/12 11:16 am - NY
RNY on 03/21/12
I would really like to flash forward to see what size I'll be wearing when I'm done losing! I want to shop for new clothes! But even though the weight is coming off, I'm still in the same sizes. Plus I have the next few sizes down from a few years ago .

There are so many cute things on clearance that I MIGHT fit into! Ugh! Makes me crazy!!

6 week update:
Down 33lbs, had a stall from week 3-5 and lost NOTHING, but it's passed. Going to to gym 2-3 times a week, plus Zumba class on Weds nights and just trying to be more active in general. Straying from protein shakes a bit, trying to get it in with my food as much as possible, still doing a shake in the morning. Reeeeally working on the water intake. While assessing my stall that's where my downfall was consistently. So I bought fun cups, Crystal Light Mojitio and Daquiri mix, and some little umbrellas, been making them into "icees" in the blender and viola! Water is no longer a chore :-)

Month 1: -28lbs  Month 2: -19lbs Month 3: In progress!
boxermom
on 5/1/12 9:06 pm - MI
I know how hard it is to not buy the sale items that you want when you lose all your excess weight. resist the urge!  its a waste of good money.  you will just end up donating them.  sounds like you are doing everything right and it will be a short time before you reach your goal and get into maintenance.  keep up the good work.  you can alway**** the thrift stores for some in between summer clothes that are cute.  that way you havent invested too much money.

boxermom

Thoughts become things... choose the good ones!

Boxermom
290/190/160  TT done
sw/cw/gw 

JaneJetson
on 5/1/12 9:49 pm
RNY on 05/07/12
 Thoughts become things....choose the good ones!  That really stopped me in my tracks.  Will apply to my everyday life, and when I go in for surgery Monday.  Thank You!   Jane in California
boxermom
on 5/1/12 10:47 pm - MI
hi janejetson:

its what helps me thru moments of anxiety.  instead of focusing on the what ifs, it helps me focus on the what are's.  much easier.  the what ifs tend to be mostly negative anyway!

Thoughts become things... choose the good ones!

Boxermom
290/190/160  TT done
sw/cw/gw 

southernlady5464
on 5/1/12 11:39 pm
I am at goal and STILL do not shop ahead of season. I wait and just shop at thrift stores/consigment shops. I can't even justify clearance racks unless it's JUST pants.

Right now, just hold on to that money you so badly want to spend as it has been known to completely skip sizes on the way down. I completely skipped size 12 pants...went from a 14 to a 10 almost overnight and only stayed a 10 for a couple of weeks before an 8 fit me.

Liz

Duodenal Switch (Lap) 01-24-11 | Surgeon: Stephen Boyce | High weight: 250 in 2002 | Surgery weight: 203 | Lowest weight: 121 | Current weight: 135 | Goal weight: 135

MyLady Heidi
on 5/1/12 11:46 pm
Buying new clothes is the fun part of this wls stuff, go ahead and buy something smaller but not too expensive and keep trying it on until it fits.  I started at 282.5 and ended up weighing about 145 (currently dieting to get rid of 10lbs of regain).  I easily wear size 6 now, but when I am where I should be size 4 skirts fit my waist perfectly even a few 2's.  I know size isn't supposed to matter, but I don't believe it, everyone wants to be a nice small size.  It's exciting to wear clothes that are in fashion and don't just fit.  Enjoy!
Most Active