Surgeons in Maryland??

bitchblubber
on 5/2/12 9:30 pm - MD
RNY on 08/14/12

I'm hoping someone can help me a bit with recommendations to a different program/surgeon in the MD area.

I'm 3 months in on a 6 month track before surgery and am considering switching surgeons - or at least getting a second opinion.  I'm frustrated with my current bariatric office and thinking that I may need to "shop around" a little to see if I would feel more secure with a different office and different surgeon.  I've posted before about office staff frustrations but am wondering if I can handle going through the rest of the process with an overall unhappy, rude office...

I definitely feel a little lost in this entire process and I'm not finding that I'm getting enough direction/support even though I am doing all that I can (support groups, testing, tracking, etc).

Any recommendations would be appreciated!!

Age: 32yrs; Height: 5'5;  HW 254lbs; SW(8/14/12) 244lbs; CW 212bls

newme_38
on 5/2/12 10:52 pm - Randallstown, MD
VSG on 06/12/12

Back in February I switched to GBMC (Dr. Moenimolki) from Dr. Von Reuden at St. Agnes.  Dr. Von Reuden had alot of extra fees that I felt was unnecessary.  With Dr. Moen I haven't had surgery yet, but am scheduled for my final visit with him on the 17th.    If you don't mind me asking,  what's the problem with Dr. Moen and his staff.  I did have an issue/miscommunication with Nick from his office.  But in the end he was able to fix the issue and was very apologetic.

bitchblubber
on 5/2/12 11:25 pm - MD
RNY on 08/14/12
Dr. Moen himself is fine for the most part, but I don't feel as though I'm getting enough feedback from him in regards to which surgery.  I don't necessarily need someone to hold my hand, but it would be nice to have a little more direction.

The office staff (front desk) on the other hand are rude and continually act like you are bothering them.  My appointments have been changed and/or moved with no explanation or contact, they are unable to answer simple questions, and their overall attitude lacks a certain amount of customer service.

I admit that maybe it is just me for the most part, but I always go in and then leave with levels of confusion as to "what's next."  I have no clue what I'm doing here and I'm getting worried that I'm just missing something....   Maybe I just need a surgery buddy.  LOL

Oh well - Support group is in a couple weeks and those always help.  :)

newme_38
on 5/2/12 11:56 pm - Randallstown, MD
VSG on 06/12/12
We can be surgery buddies.  I do admit that there the front desk has always been very cut, short and to the point.  Not offering extra.   I haven't experienced any appointment changes.  That would **** me off cause I am so darn anxious.  The NUT is very nice ( I forgot her name),  she is always very polite and seem willing to offer more than enough help.  I always bombard her with questions, because I've seen so much of her.  Otherwise, that's their job.  Call them and bug the heck out of them.   I am kind of scared that when I go on the 17th they are going to tell me they need something more... I want to know how much longer I will have before my date!!!
bitchblubber
on 5/3/12 12:21 am - MD
RNY on 08/14/12
newme_38
on 5/3/12 12:41 am - Randallstown, MD
VSG on 06/12/12

I have never been to one of the support meetings.  I keep forgetting about them.   I am going to try to make the one on the 15th, hoping I don't forget. .   I was online looking for the dates this morning.

YOu got upset because they pushed the time back 15minutes????

bitchblubber
on 5/3/12 12:55 am - MD
RNY on 08/14/12
bitchblubber
on 5/3/12 6:11 am - MD
RNY on 08/14/12
Ok - so I guess it all boils down to me over-reacting a bit.  I have to admit, its been a rough day.  :/ 

Deep breaths!! 

salamander829
on 5/3/12 11:20 pm - MD
Hi! I have only good things to say about GBMC's Comprehensive Obesity Management Program (COMP). I had my laparoscopic vertical sleeve gastrectomy this past Monday (4/30) and stayed two nights in the hospital. Tuesday was the worst but my pain was always controlled and I had a nice private room. The most important things to do are: SIP-WALK-REST. Repeat. It's so important to walk. I didn't dispel any gas until late Tuesday afternoon and it was uncomfortable until then. Now it's Friday morning, I'm home, and I'm still on pain Rx every six hours or so. But I feel better every day. I'm also VERY GLAD I'm taking three weeks off of work!

Adrienne G.
on 5/4/12 2:43 am - Germantown, MD
I used John's Hopkins Bayview (Dr. Steele and I will tell you she is tough as STEELE - but awesome).  I even had a little setback that ended up with a 6day hospital stay and she came to see me or called me personally EVERYDAY.  Awesome practice!!!!

http://www.hopkinsbayview.org/bariatrics

Best of luck and please keep researching because you must have a surgeon and practice that you are comfortable with
Starting weight (12/10) - 346; Surgery day weight (10/11) - 282.4

Most Active