Gummy vitamins?

Stephanie G.
on 5/8/12 10:57 am - San Antonio, TX
I was told not to take gummy vitamins because they don't have enough of iron (something, but I think it's iron).  Does anyone know about gummy B vitamins?  I've tried the sublingual and it seemed gross.  (I seemed to be grossed out a little more easily post op.)

In case it makes a difference, I have RNY December 2011.

Thanks.
poet_kelly
on 5/8/12 11:21 am - OH
A gummy B12 would not work for you if you had RNY.  You don't have enough intrinsic factor in your pouch to absorb a B12 supplement that you swallow (or a chewable).  If you don't like the sublinguals, you could do the nasal spray or the shots.

The gummy multivitamins don't have enough of lots of stuff.  Most brands do not have all the B vitamins and are missing minerals like copper, zinc and selenium.  They are missing so many things, you would spend a fortune and have to take many, many other pills to compensate for what they are missing.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Valerie G.
on 5/8/12 11:24 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
 It's better to be grossed out than malnourished.  There are also liquids to try, too.
Whatever the case, though, step away from the gummies.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

debralight
on 5/8/12 11:40 am - Canada
Not sure what sublingual you tried but the Jameson strips that taste like toothpaste gone bad aren't sublingual. The sublingual B 12 tablets are tiny and almost not noticable under the tongue. Natures Bounty makes one in a nice fruity flavour that I quite enjoy and there are others (even life brand) wth no real taste.
Sometimes the best support  you can get isn't all purple puddles and pink rainbows.

M M
on 5/8/12 11:45 am
 Bariatric Advantage Sublingual B12 in peppermint
Building Blocks B12 Spray
Celebrate B12 Sublingual

All good.
Most Active