Revision?

Dawn
on 5/11/12 1:42 am - Salem, IL
I am almost 8 years post op and very happy with my weight and body. Unfortunately I have been having bleeding marginal ulcers and the doc wants to do a revision. My issue with this is that I don't want to lose any weight. Does anyone have any suggestions for shakes or soft foods that I can eat after the surgery to help maintain instead of losing weight? I still have a sensitivity to sugar and milk.

(deactivated member)
on 5/11/12 1:44 am
Dawn, sorry to hear about your surgery!!!  What do you mean about revision?
Dawn
on 5/11/12 1:48 am - Salem, IL
The ulcers are happening at the spot where they sewed my stomach together. They are basically going to redo my RNY. They call that a revision.

(deactivated member)
on 5/11/12 1:54 am
OK, hate to say this but perhaps they could place a feeding tube for you to keep nutrition up if you can't afford to lose weight while you recover?  Temporarily!!!
Mary Catherine
on 5/11/12 2:26 am
 The feeding tube might be a good idea for you.  Adding a tablespoon of olive oil or some peanut butter to the shakes can make them higher in calories and still easy to get down.  You could also double scoop the protein for each shake.  I am sorry you are having this problem and know it will be a challenge for you.  Good luck.
Most Active