Back on track

seeschell48
on 5/24/12 1:25 am - Canada

I will be 4 years out this September.  I have gained 40 lbs back.  I need to loose 20 of those pounds as that is what the surgeon wanted me to stop at.  I just completed the 5 day pouch test.  It really works.  I was eating more than I use to and the wrong things.  I didn't realize just how terrible I was feeling eating the wrong things til I got back on track a week ago Wednesday.  I have already lost 6 lbs in one week.  I am getting the feeling of being full again and am eating alot less than what I was.  I am so glad I came to my senses and got back on program.  I guess I didn't stretch my pouch after all and the surgery is still working for me after all this time.  I have been off program for at least 2 years now.  Its never too late to get back on program with a little hard work.

Doctor:  Dr. Nunn, Michigan PATS: August 20th, New Patts:  August 27th.
 Surgery: RNY on September 4th  MY ANGEL:  IMSIDSMOM

chicagomo
on 5/24/12 1:31 am
very inspiring! congratulations on taking control before things got really out of hand.
Miss Liss
on 5/24/12 2:13 am
Way to go getting back on track!!  Glad you are feeling better too!!  I know that when I eat simple carbs I feel so sluggish and tired.  I feel so much better and have more energy when I eat the things I am supposed to eat. 
ALESIA1966
on 5/24/12 2:17 am - New Bern, NC
Congrats   Hope the rest fall behind just as easily...

Alesia : start 249 / surgeon's goal 138 / current 142  

Laura in Texas
on 5/24/12 2:22 am
Good for you!! I also had my surgery in September 2008. You can do this!!

Laura

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

MyLady Heidi
on 5/24/12 6:47 am
Very true, and its amazing how much better you feel without the carbs and crap isn't it?  I did the same thing a month or so ago and I lose slowly but I am losing the 10lbs I had gained and I don't feel bloated or miserable anymore.

Keep up the good work!
Most Active