Surgery Date!!

A. Watson
on 5/31/12 8:18 am
RNY on 08/07/12
Hooray I finally got my surgery date today!

July 17th with Dr. Dayhim. I am so excited!!!!!!

I am worried about the liquid diet, those have you that have done it, how did you get over the "eat real food" cravings?

Grant me the strength to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference.

Jo 1962
on 5/31/12 8:43 am - NearHouston, TX
 One day at a time LOL.  Congrats on getting a date.  The liquid phase will be over before you know it. Popsicles helped me get through it.

5.0 cc in a 10cc lapband  (four  fills) 1 unfill of .5cc  on 5/24/2011.
.5 fill  March 2012. unfill of .25cc May 2012.  Unfill of .5cc June 2014.

Still with my lapband with no plans for revision. Band working well since

last small unfill.

HW: 267lbs- size 22-24  LW:194lbs  CW:198lbs  Size 14-16

(deactivated member)
on 5/31/12 9:56 pm
 hi A
i am on day 10 of an all liquid diet.
the first couple of days were rough but you get use to it.
the protein drinks will (feed you) so find one you like. and chicken
broth mixed w/drained chicken soup broth is very filling and you can have
as much of that at you want. (same with SF popsicles and SF jello). just
make sure the popsicles have no sorbitol listed as the 2nd ingredient. i found
out the hard way it causes you to go to the bathroom (alot) :)

hang in there. it does get easier as each day passes. i promise 

have a great and wonderful day.
A. Watson
on 5/31/12 11:17 pm
RNY on 08/07/12
Ouch about the sorbiol...thank you very much for your ideas. I will definetly try the popsicles now that warmer weather is approaching.

I do have two questions I am hoping someone could enlighten me on:

For those of you that were not able to tell close family and friends, how did you explain your weight loss to them?

How did you guys "trick" the body inbetween meal times to not be hungry? (this is my biggest problem so far nothing has worked to stave off the hunger pains in between meals)

My husband works a lot of hours, and unfortunately we don't get much time to talk about the surgery (however, he always makes the time to go to all of my appointments with me and cheers me on when he can). My family is very opinionated and closed minded when it comes to this and I could really use a support family... if anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it.

Grant me the strength to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference.

lisadennison64
on 6/1/12 3:31 am
 A lot of discipline and and patience. It was gruesome at first but I was happy after it. Good luck on your surgery! 
A. Watson
on 6/1/12 3:48 am
RNY on 08/07/12
Thank you so much!

I am so excited to reach the next step of my journey no matter how hard it is going to be.
Thank you all for your support!

Most Active