Multiple Sclerosis and WLS

chickerson605
on 6/9/12 12:42 am - La Vergne, TN
I'd like to connect with members who have MS and share/learn from each other's journey. Sometimes our symptoms/disease work against our physical activity goals.
Stephanie M.
on 6/9/12 2:49 am
 Here's a link to a group here on OH. www.obesityhelp.com/group/multiple_sclerosis/

6-7-13 band removed. No revision. Facebook  Failed Lapbands and Realize Bands group and WLS-Support for Regain and Revision Group

chickerson605
on 6/9/12 3:53 am - La Vergne, TN
thank you
(deactivated member)
on 6/9/12 4:16 am, edited 6/9/12 12:18 pm
 FAR  too many members with fibromyagia , MS  , lupus atrthitis etc ......

PLEASE  keep in mind    .. ALL   the diagnoses  are just WORDS  ...

PLEASE  go out ,sweat   and LOVE

((((()))))))

I DO  have several friends whose chronic diseases  significantly improved post op .  Are there OH members out there like this ?  What are the factors U think U did that  contributed to Ur improvement ?  
jarabacoagirl
on 6/9/12 3:32 pm
VSG on 12/17/12
I do not have MS but I have fibromylgia.  I'm concerned about this too.  I haven't had surgery yet.  I'm hoping to have the VSG in November just started the process.

HW 302 lbs SW  279.8 lbs.  CW  193.8 lbs   MFP Jarabacoagirl  Preop diets 22.2 lbs, 1st month 21.2 lbs, 2nd month 14.6 lbs,  3rd month 11.2 lbs, 4th month 7 lbs, 5th month 7 lbs, 6th month 6.8 lbs, 7th month 5.2 lbs, 8th month 4.4 lbs 9 and 10th months slowed down didn't record exactly

108.2 lbs lost from highest weight!

(86.2 lbs of that was lost since surgery date)

chickerson605
on 6/10/12 4:12 am - La Vergne, TN
What I have learned (for me) is I only get so many energy dollars in a day and when my energy is spent its over. So I get my exercise, housework done in the morning. Ususally around 1 p.m. I'm on the sofa resting to start dinner for the family. I think the trick (for me) is to pace myself. I don't know about fibromylgia but I would talk to your doctor about what would work best for you. I know the more weight I loose the better I feel and I get a little more energy each day.
Jennifer W.
on 9/5/12 8:08 pm
RNY on 03/12/13
 HI:) My name is Jinny. I have MS and have had it now may is 2 years.The first relapse did  a number on me but didnt keep me down i got back to almost regular things just had to take naps then, i had a relapse and have been with a walker and wheel chair every since thats been over a year now. The steriods did a number on my weight I was heavy at 350 but now i am 100lbs more and I told my Dr i cant live this way anymore. He agreed and told me to seek out WLS and gave me the Dr. I am seeing how and hes absolutely wonderful. I have three more appts left then final approval from insurance for the Date to be set. I am so excited to see What the Lord is gonna do. I have wanted this weight off as long as I can remember but I really want to be healthy and walk again to enjoy life as much as possible!! Tell me of your journey please and Thank you for being someone that posts on here that has MS..I just found others and Its great!

Jinny
Most Active