Loose belly fat/panni BEFORE surgery

Amanda M.
on 6/12/12 1:42 pm
RNY on 01/18/13
 Okay, I have seen multiple things about panniculus and how drastic weight loss/having babies can cause it. I already have one. It's a grade 1-2, so its mid genital area (that's so gross saying that). All of my stomach fat is pretty loose. It flops around and seems to swing all over the place. 

I have read that this type of fat is not attached to muscle, so therefore it cannot be lost with exercise, diet, WLS, etc....only abdominalplasty surgery. I don't know if that is true. So I am concerned that if I get WLS, I may not lose the fat on my stomach that causes most of my troubles. 

Anyone have any insight to this? Anyone else have/had loose belly fat before surgery? What happened when you lost weight? 

Thanks!
MyLady Heidi
on 6/12/12 1:52 pm
Amanda M.
on 6/12/12 2:04 pm
RNY on 01/18/13
 See, my stomach is similar to your pre-plastic picture. Just obviously a bigger. But the sagging, loose, jigglyness of it...that is how I am right now. And I haven't had surgery yet. I don't even know if I can yet, lol. But I guess I am just worried that I will be forced into plastic surgery because of my fat. Never thought I would wish for firm fat. I am not against plastic surgery, but I don't want to go into WLS thinking I will HAVE to have PS. I want it to be a personal choice, not one that I need to do because my body is messed up. My stomach is so much larger than the rest of me right now, which is a huge reason I want to get surgery. My body proportions are totally wonky. I am TERRIFIED that it will only get worse after WLS. 

I don't even know if I am making any sense....ugh. 
MyLady Heidi
on 6/12/12 11:19 pm
Amanda M.
on 6/13/12 9:32 am
RNY on 01/18/13
 Your stomach looks fantastic! I can't believe how amazing you look. You only paid 4k for your tummy tuck? I guess I thought they were 15k+. 

MyLady Heidi
on 6/13/12 2:17 pm
Nadurra Deb
on 6/12/12 2:32 pm - CO
VSG on 08/06/12
Cute belly! Wow what a difference! I know I will have a belly issue post-op since that is where I carry most of my weight. But I don't really see PS in my future mostly due to the cost. I will likely be investing in some type of undergarment to help hold things in place.

Debbie          

YouTube WLS Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/NadurraDeb

MsBatt
on 6/12/12 2:14 pm
I have read that this type of fat is not attached to muscle, so therefore it cannot be lost with exercise, diet, WLS, etc

This just doesn't make sense. Trust me, FAT anywhere on the body can be lost. What you CAN'T fix by losing weight is loose SKIN. It is highly likely you'll wind up with a lot of loose skin that you can only get rid of through plastic surgery.
Amanda M.
on 6/13/12 9:35 am
RNY on 01/18/13
 I thought it seemed a little goofy, that is why I asked others who have had more experience with WLS than me...me having none. 

I guess I just saw stuff all over the internet that says how loose, pockets of fat have to be removed via PS. Like I said, I thought it sounded strange and thought I would post it here. Thanks for the feedback. 
MsBatt
on 6/14/12 1:04 am
Oh, and BTW---pre-op, my belly was huge---and firm as a rock. It was like being 22 mnths pregnant---no sag or flop at all. Now it looks like Heidi's 'before' picture. (*sigh*)
Most Active