New Study On Drinking and WLS Released

Batwingsman
on 6/19/12 1:58 am - Garland, TX

Frank talk about the DS / "All I ever wanted to be was thin, like that Rolling Stones dude ... "

HW/461 LW/251 GW/189 CW/274 (yep, a DS semi-failure - it happens :-( )

MyLady Heidi
on 6/19/12 3:37 am
How can anyone touch alcohol to their pouch I have no clue, last night I saw a bottle of peach flavored tea vodka on the counter and decided to try it.  My boyfriend sat on the couch and laughed and said it won't get passed the sniff test.  I said no really I am going to try it.  I poured about a tablespoons worth into a glass filled wtih ice.  I took a tiny sip and it touched my throat and I started to gag it was burning so badly, I can't even imagine what happens when it hits your stomach.  My stomach is so utterly sensative I could never drink alcohol ever.  No clue how anyone does it.  I had to wash my mouth out after that.  I can count on 1 hand how many drinks I have had since my surgery 7+ years ago.
Pupcake !.
on 6/19/12 5:16 am - Stranded in, IA
 You are quite lucky you have a sensative pouch My Lady.

Pup

No surgery has been harmed/defamed by the writer of this post.  
RNY 10/28/03 305# 8/11/04 147#  9 years out and >75% EWL!

MissNilsa
on 6/19/12 5:35 am - Astoria, NY
Lap Band on 08/13/07 with
Why?

I don't drink anymore but I never experienced anything like that.   I did have lapband though - maybe that's the difference?
/nilsa 
Linda_S
on 6/20/12 3:44 am - Eugene, OR
I'll have an occasional ****tail or a glass of wine, but that's it.  One.  I tend to feel a little silly a whole lot faster than I used to when I drank alcohol, and if I have more than one, I'll be quite ill.  Not like dumping or hangovery, but the headache is incredible and I just feel WEIRD.  So - mostly I'll have a glass of wine when I get together with my sisters.  Every now and then when I'm home by myself and watching a good murder mystery and they're all having a drink in the library, I think I want something.  I'll go get a glass of something and after one sip realize I just don't want it.  Just a social thing now, and on a limited basis.  I can't imagine drinking a whole lot.  Sounds like suicide to me.

Success supposes endeavor. - Jane Austen

Most Active