pre op wls

Lottyda
on 6/23/12 12:58 am - NJ
Hell0 I'm new here I have been going thru my steps for surgery since march. I have completed everything rquired I am now only waiting for results of my 2nd sleep study I have only visited my bariatric doctor once for initial visit all of my other visits have been rescheduled due to completion of my classes and all my new appointment date is in july. I'm tired of waitng. I don't. Know what to expect I just hope on my visit to the docto he will give me a surgery date... I have lost about 15 lbs since march which is really good but is it possible to too lose too much weight pre op? I have been preparing for this surgery dor 3 months i m ready....

I was 301 as my highest 299 on first bariatric visit and now I'm about 284
boxermom
on 6/23/12 1:54 am - MI
Actually, some dr's require you to lose weight prior to surgery in order to shrink your liver.  I know your dr. will be impressed.  Plus it shows how committed you are to a lifelong change.  You will do great!
Thoughts become things... choose the good ones!

Boxermom
290/190/160  TT done
sw/cw/gw 

SueBee01
on 6/23/12 5:47 am - Orange Park, FL
Lap Band on 01/30/12
Ditto.

Welcome. Be patient with the process it will come before you know it. You will be on your way and very excited.

Congratulations on you weight loss! It will only get better.
 Sue

Mal
on 6/23/12 10:40 pm
Not to worry.  I am confident that once all your test results are in, you will recieve a date.  At this stage is when many surgeons (mine included) ask you to lose 10% of your body weight, and guess what, you've already done that!  Quite impressive.  So in actuality, you have possibly shaved 2 weeks off your wait when many surgeon's require the liquid diet (mine didn't, thankfully) to shrink the liver so surgery can be performed with minimal complication risk.  Good job, I'm impressed and I'm sure your surgeon will be as well!

3 months really isn't a long time.  Many people I know it takes a solid year before they are given a date for surgery.  This is a major, major life changer and the surgeon want's to a) make sure you are healthy enough to undergo surgery, and b) that you are really ready and committed to make some major life changes in the way you treat your body.

Good luck and I hope that when you see your surgeon in July you get a date!!!!!!   Congratulations!

Mallisa

bugsmommy
on 6/23/12 11:20 pm
Take a deep breath, I know you're frustrated. I want to tell you that what others above have, 3 months may feel like eternity but it goes by really really fast. the program I'm going through says up front its a 6-9 month averse wait before surgery and they've changed it to that because they found that their patients who were most successful were that period of time out. Take this time to research and prep and get your stuff together.
Cherie
Most Active