The amazing ppl here oppions matter to me !!!!!

smdriver
on 6/26/12 1:55 am
VSG on 08/27/12
My doctor was Dr. Blair Rowitz and my surgery was a go for this year. Then he transferred to Indiana.:( Anyway I have been patiently waiting for the new doctor to arrive and get ready to take new patients. Well last week they made me an appointment for July 25 with Dr. Dorida. I have been on cloud nine, even though I really wanted Dr Rowitz to do my surgery. They called me today and canceled my appointment I am devastated. They said the new doctor wasn't certified to take my Insurance yet and it could take up to a year for him to become certified. I have already waited a year, changed my diet, joined a gym and cut soft drinks and sugar out of my routine. Per Dr. Rowitz directions. I don't want to wait another year I have prepared for this and it will change my life in so many ways. I am diabetic and I have sleep apnea. Where I once lived an over active life now I watch my friends from the side line. Reading all the wonderful things that have changed for the better in all of your lives is making it even harder to wait. So I called St Francis obesity care and signed up for a seminar with another doctor. Maybe its the Lord leading me somewhere else but after this last let down I do feel lead to go somewhere else. I guess what I am looking for is someone to say if they were in my shoes they would do the same thing. Also feed back from anyone that has been to this program and used theses doctors would be great. I had several friends that used Dr. Rowitz so making the choice to use him was made easier thru personal experience with friends and church family. Any feed back would be great. Thank you for taking the time to read this. Michele
TXKashmir
on 6/26/12 2:46 am - Grand Prairie, TX
Michele, if you are comfortable and secure in your new surgeon's ability, I would definitely go the route that would get you in faster. But, DO NOT go with a surgeon you're not sure of just to do this. Where do you live? Perhaps someone in your area could make a recommendation?

Best of luck to you!

Debbie
Keeping track of my progress without a scale...Starting size: 28-Current size: 6-Goal size: 14

sand SAND...it's not a club...it's a frame of mind...

smdriver
on 6/26/12 10:58 am
VSG on 08/27/12
I was hoping someone on here has used them. The ppl I know personnaly that has had the sugery it was done by Dr. Rowitz. Ty and pray that God will send me a sign.
larra
on 6/26/12 9:43 am - bay area, CA
I am so sorry this has happened to you. It is unfair when you have done everything right and already waited so long.
     I certainly see no reason for you to wait another year for a surgeon you haven't even met to become somehow "certified" to take your insurance. whatever that means. It sounds like you are ready to look elsewhere, and I see no reason why not.
     Best wishes to you.

Larra
smdriver
on 6/26/12 11:02 am
VSG on 08/27/12
Thank you. It is really getting easier to make my decision. How do I get that tracker thing? I am kinda new to this. I will update about the doctor when I "interview" them the 3rd. Against ty.
joeyanderson
on 6/26/12 3:56 pm
 Best of luck for you.
smdriver
on 6/26/12 10:54 pm
VSG on 08/27/12
Thank you so much.
loretta cowels
on 6/26/12 8:19 pm - MI
RNY on 04/16/12
hi i live in michigan and picked a doctor far away because i trusted him he really has worked with me to help me not make long trips. letting me have lab work in my home town and making all my appments on the same day and now the diaticain is doing all my follow up appt. on the phone and internet, Im not sure were you live but maybe try going father away . loretta
smdriver
on 6/26/12 11:00 pm
VSG on 08/27/12
I am going about 100 miles round trip because that is the closest doctor because of my secondary ins my options are limited. I hope some one on here has used them. But that gives me an idea about asking him can I do as much as I can here near my house and online. Thank you
Most Active