Let's stop the BULLY

Suzanne B.
on 7/13/12 10:03 am - OR
Hi Everyone,

I had this posted on another board on Vertical Sleeve.com and someone suggested I post it here so others could read it, so that is what I am doing!

If it helps just "ONE" person then I have been successful!.

Hi Everyone,

Recently I have heard of a couple of people who have backed out from having Weight Loss Surgery with Dr. Aceves. I think to myself what a shame. For the most part they backed out because their “own" families had been giving them such a bad time about doing this.

I consider these family members “Adult Bully’s" they are the worst kind of bully. Your very own family should be there to support and encourage you to make your life better and most of all healthy.

You are going to DIE so much faster from being fat. You have an illness or disease and it is called Obesity. If a Doctor told your family that if you did not have your appendix out you were going to die—they would say go ahead and take it out. If you do not have Weight Loss Surgery, you are going to be in poor health and it could result in your death Please think about what I am saying.

You are an adult and you DO NOT owe them any explanation of what you are doing. Stand up for yourself and your health and be a hero and save your own life. I know it is hard for you to stand up for you—if you can’t then I will stand up for you. You do not need their permission to have weight loss surgery.

You have earned the right to make these kinds of choices for yourself—you are an adult.
Most of us have experienced a little of this negative kind of remarks and comments from someone before we have weight loss surgery, but we learned we had to do what is best for us. STOP giving away your power to make good and healthy choice for YOU.

This is NOT about them, this is ALL about you. Take back your power and control—YOU can do this. If you need someone to talk to them and educate them, I am more than happy to talk with them. I find that most of the time people who are these “Adult Bully’s" when it comes to weight loss surgery are misinformed, scared, have all the wrong medical information, and just need a little education. Some are also scared they will lose you if you become skinny and they remain fat. They are being selfish and that is really sad.

I want you to take back your power and put yourself first. It has been 4 years since you have done this. There are so many of us out here who support you and will be there every step of the way with you. So if you are sitting out there and reading these posts and someone has bullied you, this message is directed to you. They want to keep you under their power and control—that is so wrong!! You NO longer need to fear what they think. I am here to help you in any way I can. You can be very successful and healthy and take back your life. Again this is ALL ABOUT YOU AND NO ONE ELSE.

This is my private E-mail—please send me a note and we will start talking. I will call you also if you would like.
[email protected]

Together we will get you through this.

Hugs,
Suzanne
Suzanne B
Eugene, OR
Dr. Aceves
10/21/2008 
Start lbs 225
Now 120
Pinkchickadee
on 7/13/12 10:19 am
 Where's the  like  button???

Suzanne B.
on 7/13/12 10:22 am - OR
On July 13, 2012 at 5:19 PM Pacific Time, Pinkchickadee wrote:
 Where's the  like  button???

Hi,

Awwww Gee THANKS, I know how awful some people can be.  I am ready to take them on if I need too. 

Thanks for you comment!

Hugs,
Suzanne
Suzanne B
Eugene, OR
Dr. Aceves
10/21/2008 
Start lbs 225
Now 120
Pinkchickadee
on 7/13/12 10:25 am
Thank  you!  When I  told  my  mom and  sister  that  I  was going to  have the  surgery both  of  them  didn't  want  me  to  do it. That was until I  told them  that my  weight was killing  me. It's  amazing  how a  statement  like that  changes  mind sets.  They  are  so  encouraging  now and  very supportive.  It's too bad not  everyone  out there  gets this  kind of  support. Good for  you for  helping!

Suzanne B.
on 7/15/12 12:00 am - OR
On July 13, 2012 at 5:25 PM Pacific Time, Pinkchickadee wrote:
Thank  you!  When I  told  my  mom and  sister  that  I  was going to  have the  surgery both  of  them  didn't  want  me  to  do it. That was until I  told them  that my  weight was killing  me. It's  amazing  how a  statement  like that  changes  mind sets.  They  are  so  encouraging  now and  very supportive.  It's too bad not  everyone  out there  gets this  kind of  support. Good for  you for  helping!

Awwww that is just fabulous. I am so very happy for you. Keep up the great work. 
Hugs

Suzanne
Suzanne B
Eugene, OR
Dr. Aceves
10/21/2008 
Start lbs 225
Now 120
chipmunk_roasting
on 7/13/12 10:32 am - Ottawa, ON, Canada
Very well put, Suzanne.

I really think that many people need surgery to get themselves a backbone, too.

No one can make you feel bad about yourself without your permission.

Good post -- thank you!

mmm

Referral - March 2011 // Orientation - Ottawa - July 8, 2011 // Surgery - January 23, 2013

Suzanne B.
on 7/14/12 12:21 pm - OR
 Hi, Boy you are so right about the backbone. Some people need a little support or help to start.

Suzanne B
Eugene, OR
Dr. Aceves
10/21/2008 
Start lbs 225
Now 120
Suzanne B.
on 7/22/12 9:02 am - OR
On July 13, 2012 at 5:32 PM Pacific Time, chipmunk_roasting wrote:
Very well put, Suzanne.

I really think that many people need surgery to get themselves a backbone, too.

No one can make you feel bad about yourself without your permission.

Good post -- thank you!

mmm
Hi,

You are so right and it does work that way for most people.  Most people are uneducated when it comes to weight loss surgery.  They have many reasons why they do not want a loved one to have the surgery.--not that their fears and reason are right or correct, but they have them. 

I say let's educated them.  Give them the honest and real facts.  More and more insurance companies are starting to pay for Weight Loss Surgery now.  It is the way of the future I believe.

Thanks for you point of view, I always love hearing what others think.  Have a great week

Hugs,
Suzanne
Suzanne B
Eugene, OR
Dr. Aceves
10/21/2008 
Start lbs 225
Now 120
ShallowGirl
on 7/13/12 11:26 am, edited 7/12/12 11:26 pm - Richmond Hill, Canada
RNY on 06/22/12
People DO fail, that is - regain all the weight - after this surgery.

I think it is better to back out of the surgery before if you are not willing to make the changes, and/or are just doing it to please others and not yourself.

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. Eleanor Roosevelt    

Suzanne B.
on 7/14/12 11:57 pm - OR
On July 13, 2012 at 6:26 PM Pacific Time, ShallowGirl wrote:
People DO fail, that is - regain all the weight - after this surgery.

I think it is better to back out of the surgery before if you are not willing to make the changes, and/or are just doing it to please others and not yourself.
 The person I was talking about wanted to have the surgery, but her family would NOT support her and she couldn't deal with how they had bullied her. You have to have your head in the right place to have WLS.
Suzanne
Suzanne B
Eugene, OR
Dr. Aceves
10/21/2008 
Start lbs 225
Now 120
Most Active