2 wks PS post op ..cross refer...

pmann8
on 7/14/12 1:07 am
Had my lower thigh lift and abdominoplasty/panniculectomy on June 29. Surg went great, was in hosp for 1 day after surg on morphine pump and having the wierdest dreams ever, At one point my dtr who stayed night with me said I was talking to PS doc about the sale he was offer ing on arms and that I wanted in on the "sale" saw our doggy runing the halls,and I was picking things out of mid air.....but no pain. 2 hrs after surg the nurses removed my cath and asked if I would like to stand next to my bed for a minute. I asked both of them just to be there but not aid me unless needed. I got our of bed and walked all the way down to end of hallway and back and was up and down to potty and walking as much as wanted t as long as someone was with me ( my dtr) NO restrictions. Couldn't wait to take shower on Sun after FRi surg...it was heaven!! Hubby watching me like a hawk, great guy!!! Iwalk, sit on patio in sun reading, nap in recliner, we own a hosp bed which we had purchased for foot surg for my husband so I alternate netween the hosp bed in spare room and myown bed at night.Have been back to church, store and working "lightly" at our church Food Pantry.Unfortunately, still have 1 drain remaining but it should come out this Thurs at my 3 wk check up. Lots of little "lighting bolt" pain shots across surg site but doc said that is absolutely normal....nerves healing and rerouting! Ican have 1 or 2 of 750 mg Vicodin every 4-6 hrs if I need but am really only taking 1 in am1 inpmand 1 at bedtime.....I'm goofy enough without narcotics!! I'm looking forward to being able to return to normal activities and rejoin our gym for water aerobics which I had to stop due to the recurrent infections. THe PS said he removed 96 oz lipo from hips and thigh area along with the two 5-6 lb bags of skin and fat hanging over my knees ea weighing 3-5 lbs and the stomach area which I lovingly named "Arturro" was approx 42 in wide and weighed 14 lbs but I haven't lost a lb.....in fact with alll the fluids and antibiotics pumped into me during surg, I weighed 8 lbs more after surg than before. Funny HUh????Oh well, still glad I had the proceedure done and will consider having my arms done after a trip to Wash DC in OCt to see The VietNam Wall and my husbands Huey helicopter which is in th Smithsonian museum. Cannot say that I will miss wearing this binder after doc says it can go bye bye.....would rather wear spanks for extra support.

SueBee01
on 7/14/12 1:12 am - Orange Park, FL
Lap Band on 01/30/12
Congratulations! Can't wait to see pictures after you heal. I bet you are so excited. I can't wait for that day, but I have a long wait.
 Sue

snowolf50
on 7/15/12 1:35 am - Colorado Springs, CO
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
MyLady Heidi
on 7/15/12 1:58 am
Yeah for you!  Congrats on your surgery and I hope you have a great recovery.  Post pics when you can its always fun to see the before and afters.
Most Active