Fear can keep us for doing so many things!!!

Suzanne B.
on 8/7/12 6:05 am - OR

Hi Everyone,

Fear can stop us from doing so many things in our life.  For many it just paralyzes them, and they can’t move forward. Are you like this?  Every day that you allow fear to control you, it just steals another day of your life. It is time to take back your power.  How many of you have been on the Roller Coaster of weight loss????—lose the weight to only go right back to eating how you used to eat before you lost the weight and then regain it all back plus more?  I did that more times that I can count in my life, and I would beat myself up over it every time I did it. You are sitting there right now shaking your head “yes" because you have done the same thing too!

I thought long and hard before I had weight loss surgery.  I spent 6 months asking questions from people on these boards, reading everything I could find to read about the different kinds of weight loss surgeries and the doctors who did it. I was going to be a self-pay because my insurance was NOT going to pay for it.

My greatest fear was not going to Mexicali, Mexico, once I made up my mind to who I wanted to do my surgery.  My greatest fear like so many of you was what if I spend all this money for WLS and end right back on the Roller Coaster of lose the weight only to regain it back???  I am here to tell you I am living proof that having Weight Loss Surgery was the VERY best thing I have ever done for myself.  I had a VGS aka “sleeve" surgery in Oct 2008; 4 years ago and lost 105 pounds and have kept it off.  Weight Loss Surgery is NOT a miracle cure, I had to work at it and I also exercise too.  But, it is my tool to allow me to be successful and to maintain my weight forever. 

You too can do the very same thing I have done by having WLS.  You have to make a lifestyle change when it comes to eating.  I never consider myself on a diet.  I also NEVER feel deprived when it comes to eating. I have just changed by eat small amounts of food and making good food choices.  I eat healthy food, but I also eat yummy foods.  Do I have desert? Sure I do, but not every day, and when I do, I eat a very small amount of it.  I have also learned to cook differently, and to convert some of my favorite foods into Low Carb and healthy recipes. 

NEVER give up on your dream of becoming the person you want to be!  Anything is possible if you want it bad enough.  Stop slowly killing yourself with that fork and do something about your weight. Make today the day that you promise yourself that things are going to change. I am always out here if you have any questions or need help.  You can also send me an E-mail to:
[email protected]

I did go to Dr. Aceves for my surgery, and he was my choice because I felt he was the very best doctor I could have do my surgery, after all my research.  I highly recommend him. During my research, his name was the name that ALWAYS kept coming back as the best doctor there was for me.

I know how very clean the hospital is and the entire staff are fabulous.  They are they to make sure that everything is great and they want you to have a wonderful experience. You will think WOW, I never received care like this in the USA.

Hugs and do not allow this fear to control you!
Suzanne
Sleeved 10/21/2008
Lost 105 pounds

Suzanne B
Eugene, OR
Dr. Aceves
10/21/2008 
Start lbs 225
Now 120
Jackie
Multiplepetmom

on 8/7/12 9:27 am
 I also went to Dr. Aceves and was very impressed with him, the staff, and the hospital. could not have been better.

once upon a time I had a group to talk about Binge Eating Disorder, and later one about Clean Eating.

PM me if you are interested in either of these.

size 8, life is great

Suzanne B.
on 8/8/12 11:57 am - OR
On August 7, 2012 at 4:27 PM Pacific Time, multiplepetmom wrote:
 I also went to Dr. Aceves and was very impressed with him, the staff, and the hospital. could not have been better.

Hi,

I am so happy for you.  He is the very best there is out there.  I know without a doubt life has never been better for me.

I hope that you are have grat success with your weight loss.

Hugs,
Suzanne
Suzanne B
Eugene, OR
Dr. Aceves
10/21/2008 
Start lbs 225
Now 120
MyLady Heidi
on 8/7/12 10:39 am
I totally agree about fear and how paralyzing it can be, I face my panic disorder everyday and make myself deal with things that terrify me.  Its hard and it sucks.  I have a weird relationship with food, its a basic hate hate relationship.  My brain betrays me, it wants food I shouldn't have so I ignore what it says and try to eat things I know I should have.  I don't know how to make myself crave what I should eat.  But I have broken down many aspects of my relationship with food, I find my mouth only waters now when I think of eating my beloved lemons and I get a queasy feeling when I think of brownies.  Now you would think that I would never eat brownies based on this, but that really isn't the case.  I just try to never make them and avoid them everywhere I go like the plague.
Suzanne B.
on 8/7/12 12:31 pm - OR
On August 7, 2012 at 5:39 PM Pacific Time, MyLady Heidi wrote:
I totally agree about fear and how paralyzing it can be, I face my panic disorder everyday and make myself deal with things that terrify me.  Its hard and it sucks.  I have a weird relationship with food, its a basic hate hate relationship.  My brain betrays me, it wants food I shouldn't have so I ignore what it says and try to eat things I know I should have.  I don't know how to make myself crave what I should eat.  But I have broken down many aspects of my relationship with food, I find my mouth only waters now when I think of eating my beloved lemons and I get a queasy feeling when I think of brownies.  Now you would think that I would never eat brownies based on this, but that really isn't the case.  I just try to never make them and avoid them everywhere I go like the plague.
Hi,

Thanks, I think many of us have some of these same feelings about food.  What I have learned is different ways to bake and cook allowing me to have some of the things I loved in the past.  I found Brownies at Costco that are made by Fiber One that are only 90 calories and they are individually wrapped.  So, I can make the choice to have just one, if I exercised enough that day to allow myself the 90 calories.  They are good, and I have learned to savor them, by taking tiny small bites and enjoying the flavor.  It is amazing how long I can make that (1) brownie last.

I also have a excellent Low Carb Cook book that has taught me to bake with Almond Flour and that is a protein not a carb.  I made Banana Nut Bread the other day using it, and it was only 121 calories per slice.  I use Splenda for baking also.  So I have learned ways around some of my love hate feelings about food.  I have also learned sometimes just one bite of the food I think I want or need is all I need to satisfy my need for it.  It is truly amazing how our brain works and what it tries to tell us.  I call it my "old" thinking brain.

I now use my "NEW" thinking brain to figure out what is healthy and good for me to eat. None of us are perfect and I don't beat myself up over it.  I think you are doing a great job, just keep doing what works for you.

Hugs,
Suzanne
Suzanne B
Eugene, OR
Dr. Aceves
10/21/2008 
Start lbs 225
Now 120
MyLady Heidi
on 8/8/12 5:10 am
Basically what works for me is if I like it too much never buy it again.  I think in another 10 years my diet will be basically three things.  I try to eat what is tolerable but not good.  I can't not eat something I like, I will keep coming back to it over and over, ie the M&M's I ate a whole bag of.  I eat when I am mad or stressed, when I am upset I don't eat at all.  Life is fun.
Suzanne B.
on 8/8/12 11:59 am - OR
On August 8, 2012 at 12:10 PM Pacific Time, MyLady Heidi wrote:
Basically what works for me is if I like it too much never buy it again.  I think in another 10 years my diet will be basically three things.  I try to eat what is tolerable but not good.  I can't not eat something I like, I will keep coming back to it over and over, ie the M&M's I ate a whole bag of.  I eat when I am mad or stressed, when I am upset I don't eat at all.  Life is fun.
Hi,

This is great that you know yourself this well.  You know what to avoid and if this is working for you then I am thrilled.  I wish you nothing but great success.

Hugs,
Suzanne
Suzanne B
Eugene, OR
Dr. Aceves
10/21/2008 
Start lbs 225
Now 120
martitalinda
on 8/7/12 12:58 pm
 Awesome thread Suzanne ... wow ... what a coincidence .. a friend shared this today...

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

autumnsiggy2RNY 2/5/07 no regain having implemented lifestyle changes....

Suzanne B.
on 8/8/12 4:25 am - OR
On August 7, 2012 at 7:58 PM Pacific Time, martitalinda wrote:
 Awesome thread Suzanne ... wow ... what a coincidence .. a friend shared this today...

Hi,

Love, Love this poster.  It is so true but so many people just can't seem to move forward.  The also have low self esteem, don't feel they can move forward.  They don't feel they deserve to have anything better in life.  It takes a lot confidence to move forward and change your life.

Both you and I know what it is like being fat and how much our lives have changed because we took our power back and changed our own lives.  You are fantastic and I love the way you try to keep supporting people.  Hugs and keep up the great work you are doing!

Suzanne
Suzanne B
Eugene, OR
Dr. Aceves
10/21/2008 
Start lbs 225
Now 120
Most Active