on 8/11/12 11:41 am - New York, NY
 Yesterday was my second surgersesary,,,
I feel like a failure...for not having gotten those last 4lbs down
I look at all the before /after picture and think wow everyone
looks so great..ladies look beautiful with all the makeovers,,
I still see the 300lb person in the mirror...I look funny now
I know I lost weight I was a size 26 now 6-8
but I dont see it...

plus this week Ive had 3 people tell me how terrible I look...
I even went to dunkin donuts to get an unsweetened ice tea
cashier told me I see you and feel so much pity for you..you looked 
so much better before..I asked for my tea again she wanted to add sugar told her NO!
then told me I should really have a donut...which flavor did I want..I stormed out...

=0(

~ There is nothing in a caterpillar that tells you it's going to be a butterfly ~        
Eggface
on 8/11/12 11:57 am - Sunny Southern, CA
I'm sorry you had to deal with an ignoramus... she should watch how she talks to customers commenting about appearance isn't going to win her DD employee of the month for sure.

The emotional journey in all this is waaaaay harder IMHO than the physical one. They operated on our guts but the head stuff still needs to be dealt with... if you haven't already... find someone to help with that, it's too important this life change to go it alone.

I'll leave you with this... YOU ARE NOT A FAILURE. Be kind to yourself. 4 pounds to goal?! Awesome. 

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." ~Winston Churchill

Every day get up and treat YOURSELF like you would your BEST FRIEND.

~Michelle "Shelly"

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

MyLady Heidi
on 8/11/12 12:08 pm
Sounds like its time for you to have a makeover also, if people are reacting negatively its probably mainly due to your attitude, the fact you look unhappy and you aren't dressing, hair, makeup, that make you look your best.  It took me 2.5 years to get to my goal and the rest of my life to try to stay there.  So forget the failure thing and treat yourself to some pampering so you can feel good, you are beautiful now you have to make the outside show all your accomplishments and I guarantee no one will ever have the balls to tell you to eat a donut again.  Really it was a ****ty comment but people always think its okay to suggest someone eat, the other way around not so much.

Good Luck!
Laura in Texas
on 8/14/12 4:50 am
I agree, Heidi!! It's definitely all about the attitude. I walk around like a conceited ***** even when I'm feeling blah. Sometimes we have to fake it till we make it.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

MyLady Heidi
on 8/14/12 6:25 am
I think I love you, I swear if I see you posted something I have to go find it and read it.  You are hot.  And I mean that in the most sincere girl crush way!

When you feel ****ty it's best to dress up, more hair clips, more makeup, higher heels, basically kick your own ass into looking the part even if you aren't feeling it.  It makes you feel special.  We all need that and no one to drop donut bomb comments on us.  I went to DD one day and was pondering over ordering a new donut that was cherry flavor (because cherry anything is my thing) and I finally said no, not worth the calories and the girl behind the counter said yeah you naturally thin chicks have all the will power.  I told her my little story, she was in shock and awe and totally said I rocked my new body.  I could have kissed her in the end.
martitalinda
on 8/11/12 12:10 pm
Congratulations on your awesome success at 2 years out ... you are not a failure by any means... failure are those who are so careless in displaying their IGNORANCE by opening their mouths and confirming it with their words.... Set your boundaries you DO NOT have to give an audience to ignorance neither do you have to receive such words or let them alter your mood ... rebuke them!

There are awesome shapers and other accessories that would help you along if loose/extra skin is a problem ... not everyone can afford plastic surgery but there are enhancers out there and one can get very creative .... I opted to take the money I saved for a much needed thighplasty to sow a much needed seed into a loved ones life ... and I came up with my own version of a footless support hose in natural skin tone to use with shorts/sandals or however one would like ... Lipoexpress.com has awesome enhancers that I used before and even after plastics and no longer do but I go nowhere without my awesome support hoses ....there is also Slimpressions and other items mentioned on here a lot.

Rock your journey .... you are a success ... again CONGRATS!!!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

autumnsiggy2RNY 2/5/07 no regain having implemented lifestyle changes....

GreenGardener
on 8/11/12 12:50 pm
VSG on 06/02/09 with
 Change your goal - presto, you're at goal!   Embrace your wonderful body and live your life!
 SD:  6/09; HW:  263;  LW:  143; CW:  155; 5'5"; 62 yo
katier825
on 8/11/12 12:52 pm
On August 11, 2012 at 7:50 PM Pacific Time, GreenGardener wrote:
 Change your goal - presto, you're at goal!   Embrace your wonderful body and live your life!
LOL  Like your way of thinking!  :)
katier825
on 8/11/12 12:51 pm
You should not feel like a failure! Especially for a lousy 4 pounds! It's really hard to select a "goal weight" when we are so heavy. Sometimes you don't know till you get there what is a good weight for you. I think most of us WLS patients get hung up on the numbers. I think it's smarter to pick a goal weight RANGE and allow yourself a few pounds of fluctuation since that's usually what happens anyway. It eliminates some of the stress when obsessing about the number on the scale. How do you feel? Do you feel healthy at your current weight? Do what you feel you need to.

My goal weight was 140. I just picked the number because I thought it was attainable. I have been as low as 133. I usually am in the 135-140 range now. I get better compliments when I'm closer to 140 because my face gets pretty sunken in at a lower weight. Maybe you also need a couple of pounds so that you don't look too thin.
SueBee01
on 8/11/12 1:23 pm - Orange Park, FL
Lap Band on 01/30/12
Agree with everyone! You have done an awesome job.

Remember, the chick works at Dunkin Donuts! She pushes donuts on people all day. It's her cure all, we have other things now!

Thanks for sharing though. It reminds us how awful people can really, no matter what your weight!
 Sue

Most Active