Unlimited Classes - Best $190 I ever spent

maryposa
on 8/11/12 10:38 pm, edited 8/11/12 10:41 pm - Orange County, CA
For all the treadmill or couch to 5K dreaders.... I hope this might inspire.... I recently signed up for unlimited classes at a local dance fitness studio.  I have always enjoyed dance and I have taken various types of classes at various locations.  This one is fantastic.  

This month I have taken 44 classes (I often take two back-to-back and Sunday is THREE) which means where I used to pay $100 for a 5 week series meeting once a week @ $20 per session.... I paid only $4.30 per class this month!  

Aerial Silks classes are often up to $40 a pop!  I will have taken 8 this month.

I've taken:

- Aerial Silks
- Ballet Barre
- Cabaret Chair
- Pole Level 1 and Pole Techniques
- Tribal Fusion Belly Dance
- Hip Hop
- Kettlebell

When the studio is closed or I am "only" taking one class, I have also been practicing my hula hoop dance, poi (fire spinning technique), biking on my new pretty red retro syle beach cruiser, swimming and walking my dog.  Oh, not to mention the groupon for 8 dance classes of the technique sort, I tried west coast swing and line dancing, next week... lindy hop!

2 years 5 months out from VSG I find that an active lifestyle is mandatory to keep my weight from creeping up... might as well have fun!

When we were kids, most of us couldn't wait to get outside and play.  To me, each class is play time.  :)

As for the $190, yes it's a struggle, but I have decided that it is an excellent investment in my emotional as well as physical well being.

Follow my progress on youtube!
(Lost slowly and painfully from 355 to 275 from 2007-2009, then started gaining again before scheduling surgery!  Best thing I ever did! :D)

maryposa
on 8/11/12 10:45 pm - Orange County, CA
 PS for anyone in Southern California who cares to know, the studios are located in Corona and Anaheim Hills... Embody Pole Fitness.  My first class with them was Sept 2011, so I am no newbie to them, just to the unlimited memership.
Follow my progress on youtube!
(Lost slowly and painfully from 355 to 275 from 2007-2009, then started gaining again before scheduling surgery!  Best thing I ever did! :D)

Kat1313
on 8/12/12 2:26 am - Jacksonville , FL
RNY on 04/08/13
Sounds like fun!  And great exercise..,..much more fun that sit ups.  Have you tried ballroom dancing like they do on dancing with the stars?  That always looks like fun.

Congrats on staying so active and fit!
Kathy
Most Active