Love yourself first

Suzanne B.
on 8/22/12 1:46 pm, edited 8/22/12 1:47 pm - OR
Hi Everyone,

I know that when you are fat (yes I say FAT, because that is what I was) it is hard to love yourself. This is where I want you to start first. Love yourself on the inside first. Then as you start to lose the weight you can start to love the outside of your body. We really do blame ourselves for our failures of being fat and not being able to lose the weight. What I want you to know and understand is that I believe we have a disease that is called obesity.  If diet and exercise alone worked for everyone, we would have already lost this weight. We all know we have tried MANY times over the years to lose the weight through diet and exercise, only to fail and keeping it off. For me the only way I could cure my disease was having Weight Loss Surgery. It was truly my answer.

It is hard to look at our outside body and say “Gee I am beautiful and wonderful." And the whole world unfortunately does judge us by what we look like on the outside, not who we really are on the inside. So I am asking you to start to love who you are on the inside FIRST. You have so much to offer and you are beautiful, funny, attractive, intelligent, successful, gorgeous, loving, good-looking, inspiring, poignant, stunning, impressive, expressive, spectacular, magnificent, delightful, and caring, sensitive, complex and many more things. You have great value and it is overlooked. I want you to start thinking of yourself in these ways. I know it isn’t easy, but each day. PLEASE say ONE nice thing about yourself. I BELIEVE in you and I want you to believe in yourself too!!!!!!

I had WLS 4 years ago and lost 105 pounds and have kept it off. I love myself, I didn’t in the past, but now I know I can meet any challenge that life gives me and be successful at it. I am also 67 years old now and life just keeps getting better. I work at keeping the weight off because I have made a lifestyle change.  I am NOT on a diet, but I made a lifestyle change. I eat healthy and I get up and walk about 3 to 4 miles 6 days a week. I love walking and it works for me. You find what works for you and do it. 

Dr. Aceves and Dr. Compos were my doctors who did my “sleeve" weight loss surgery. I highly recommend them. For me they are the very best there are out there.-I did a lot of research to find them. If you have any questions our just want to talk about having Weight Loss Surgery, please send me an E-mail, I would love to talk with you and see if I can answer any and all of your questions.  

Hugs
Suzanne
E-mail: [email protected]
Sleeved 10/21/2008
Lost 105 pounds  
Suzanne B
Eugene, OR
Dr. Aceves
10/21/2008 
Start lbs 225
Now 120
Miss_Kitty
on 8/22/12 5:03 pm, edited 8/21/12 10:15 pm - New Bedford, MA
Love yourself on the inside first. Then as you start to lose the weight you can start to love the outside of your body.

Hmmm, why can't we love ourselves on the inside as well as on the outside at the same time? Why can't we love who we are while being fat? Fat is not bad!!!

You have so much to offer and you are beautiful, funny, attractive, intelligent, successful, gorgeous, loving, good-looking, inspiring, poignant, stunning, impressive, expressive, spectacular, magnificent, delightful, and caring, sensitive, complex and many more things.

Ok....why can't we be all of these things and still be fat? Fat is not bad!!!

You have great value and it is overlooked.

It's only overlooked if you allow it to be. People are going to treat you the only way you allow them to. And with all those great qualities mentioned above...it's kinda hard to overlook someone who has them and being fat at the same time. Being fat is not bad!!!

Just because someone is fat, does not automatically mean they are unhealthy. So it is quite alright to be fat AND fabulous!

Do you see the glass as half empty or half full? I say, what difference does it make--I paid for a full glass,so either way I am getting jipped!!!

Suzanne B.
on 8/22/12 9:43 pm - OR
On August 23, 2012 at 12:03 AM Pacific Time, Miss_Kitty wrote:
Love yourself on the inside first. Then as you start to lose the weight you can start to love the outside of your body.

Hmmm, why can't we love ourselves on the inside as well as on the outside at the same time? Why can't we love who we are while being fat? Fat is not bad!!!

You have so much to offer and you are beautiful, funny, attractive, intelligent, successful, gorgeous, loving, good-looking, inspiring, poignant, stunning, impressive, expressive, spectacular, magnificent, delightful, and caring, sensitive, complex and many more things.

Ok....why can't we be all of these things and still be fat? Fat is not bad!!!

You have great value and it is overlooked.

It's only overlooked if you allow it to be. People are going to treat you the only way you allow them to. And with all those great qualities mentioned above...it's kinda hard to overlook someone who has them and being fat at the same time. Being fat is not bad!!!

Just because someone is fat, does not automatically mean they are unhealthy. So it is quite alright to be fat AND fabulous!
Hi,

I loved your response, and I think you have a fabulous outlook and a ton of self confidence.  Not everyone is as lucky as you, and that is why I wrote this.

I happened to have an attitude a lot like you do, and I knew for health reason, losing the weight was important to me.  You are right if you allow someone to treat you wrong then they will.  Again not everyone will speak up for them-self. 

Hugs, and thanks for ALL your comments.

Suzanne
Suzanne B
Eugene, OR
Dr. Aceves
10/21/2008 
Start lbs 225
Now 120
MickeyDee
on 8/23/12 8:33 pm
For the answer to your question (if quetion it was) re: why it isn't considered OK to be fat and fabulous
in our society:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/amos/4562171/FB-friend-say ing-shes-grossed-out-by-obese-person-on-plane/

I've been in this position myself, and I'm much happier not to be so scorned and humiliated because of my obesity.  Who wouldn't be??

It's nice to be able to take the high road, but the pain and humiliation isn't so nice.

Thank god for WLS.

Miss_Kitty
on 8/23/12 10:31 pm - New Bedford, MA
It wasn't a question. It is a true statement. One can be fat AND fabulious. The humiliation will get to you only if you allow it, and that is exactly what society wants! Commenting on your link, that obese woman deserves to fly comfortably too. (but it WAS going too far having her toes touch the person's luggage) If I was on a plane, I would stretch out and relax and if someone next to me complained I was spilling into their seat, I would shrug my shoulders and say the airlines should make more comfy seats and there's nothing anyone can do about it until then. Then sit back and enjoy my flight.  I would not appologize and try to shrink or squeeze uncomfortably in my seat. It's the airlines' fault, not mine. I should not and WILL NOT appologize for my size. There is nothing wrong with it.

Do you see the glass as half empty or half full? I say, what difference does it make--I paid for a full glass,so either way I am getting jipped!!!

nari1208
on 8/23/12 7:17 am

that is great having a people like you here :0 That is great confidence you have. keep it up!

Suzanne B.
on 8/23/12 2:35 pm - OR
On August 23, 2012 at 7:17 AM Pacific Time, nari1208 wrote:

that is great having a people like you here :0 That is great confidence you have. keep it up!

Hi,

Thanks so much for the nice words.  I am always posting, because I want people to know that they can achieve their weight loss goal and maintain it too.  It does require work and effort on their part, but it can be done.

Hugs,
Suzanne
Suzanne B
Eugene, OR
Dr. Aceves
10/21/2008 
Start lbs 225
Now 120
Most Active