Help.

jylane20
on 9/8/12 4:04 pm - AZ
RNY on 08/20/12 with
 I am 19 days post op and am in pain and extreme discomfort.The past  4 days I have been having atrocious pain in my abdomen muscles and all around my back. It is unbelievable uncomfortable. Then, yesterday I had a ton of errands and such to do and was significantly more active and today my abdomen is in severe spasm. twitching and it is horribly painfull. Anyone else had this? Any solutions? Please help.

sam1am
on 9/8/12 4:10 pm
If you are in extreme pain, get yourself to the hospital!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

ms_ella78
on 9/8/12 4:47 pm - Los Angeles, CA
RNY on 09/18/12
 It couls be anything if you are still in pain please go to the hospital. Hernias are common with WLS and it could be worse than that. Don't take the pain lightly. Go to the hospital.

MsBatt
on 9/8/12 6:23 pm
CALL YOUR SURGEON.
Imamiracle2008
on 9/8/12 6:44 pm - Tinton Falls, NJ
 If you are in that much pain you may have a bowel obstruction. My intestines flipped over on itself causing extreme pain. You shouldn't wait too much longer. Please go get it checked out. Good Luck!! Keep us posted.
Eggface
on 9/9/12 2:57 am - Sunny Southern, CA
:( Pain is the bodies way of saying something is up and needs attention... could be a little thing, could be more but the only way to find out is to contact your Dr. We can all take guesses but it won't help your pain.

Hopefully with listening to your symptoms and/or a few tests your Dr will have you feeling 100% again. Sending you good vibes for a quick & easy fix! Don't put it off any longer though 4 days of atrocious pain is not normal.

~Michelle "Shelly"

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

Barbi468
on 9/9/12 8:29 am - PA
RNY on 08/06/12
I had pain lower abdomin. Till the 4th week. I did see my surgeon he checked my belly for a hernia. He believes mine was a torn muscle. But hernias happen among other things as mentioned above. Call your doctor.
Jackie McGee
on 9/9/12 9:04 am - PA
Call your surgeon and have someone run your errands for you.

Proud mama of Mischa and Gabriel, both born post-op.

Dragonryder2
on 9/10/12 7:54 am - NM
 Yea what everyone else said.  Hasten thee to the ER or your surgeon.

You should be having pain at 19 days out.

You didn't say which surgery you had?

Take care
jylane20
on 9/10/12 7:33 pm - AZ
RNY on 08/20/12 with
I had the gastric bypass. I did call the surgeon he had me go to my local hospital and they did a catscan and ended up ambulencing me to my surgeons hospital. I had severe pancreatitis caused by sludge in my gallbladder. I'm stay in the hospital a while longer they have me on water only and once my pancreas' inflammation goes down I'll be having my gallbladder removed.
Most Active