How does the weigh loss stop?

kse8556
on 9/17/12 7:38 pm - MO
RNY on 04/24/12
My husband and I both had RNY on the same day.  He started @ 318 and is already down to 205.  That 113 pounds in less than 5 months.  In addition to being jealous at how much more he has lost compated to me, I am getting a bit nervous about how thin he already is, and would like his weight loss to slow down some. 

My question is, how / when will the his weigh loss slow down / stop??  His goal weight is 185, so he only has 20 # to go..

poet_kelly
on 9/17/12 7:44 pm - OH
His weight loss will stop when he begins consuming the same number of calories that he burns in a day.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Mary Catherine
on 9/17/12 10:51 pm
Weight loss will stop when his body is ready to stop.  The body will know when to stop and it just stops.
Onelifetolive
on 9/18/12 8:52 am - TX
I have yet to have my surgery but from what I have read is that when he starts to incorporate carbs more he will balance out.  Don't feel bad nor compare your weight loss to your husband.  I dont know why men are freaks of nature but they are.  Everytime I see that slim quick commercial I want to scream because that is exactly how they are.  Also you lost a significant amount of weight as well, also take in consideration that he was bigger than you as well.  I just read a post of this man named Jeremy who lost 207 pounds in 7 months he started at 420lbs.  All from the switch that he had, so stick in there and dont let your husband evaporate.
Dawn
on 9/19/12 5:32 am - Salem, IL
I had a revision 3 weeks ago due to ulcers. I didn't need to lose any weight. However, I have lost 10 pounds in three weeks.. I am trying to eat higher calorie foods that are high in protien. My origional surgery was done in 2003 and I lost way too much. I finally got some weight back on by grazing all day. Everyone is different. Your husband may go way past his goal like me, but his body will adjust.
Valerie G.
on 9/19/12 9:33 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
 Mine stoppped at a perfectly appropriate time.  If he goes under the goal, no worries either, for a bounceback of 20lbs is perfectly normal, so don't fret.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Most Active