Need Help, Please

tami_38
on 9/19/12 12:38 pm - Fort Myers, FL
RNY on 08/25/09 with
 Hello to all my WLS friends. I'm sorry I haven't been on lately. And I'm sorry my return is with bad news, and asking for help.  I left my husband of 21 years, back in May, and I moved from OHIO all the way to FLORIDA for the distance. He broke my heart not once, tried to repair it, but twice...I was DONE!! Well I'm asking for help. Not only is my diet slipping, but I no longer drink protein shakes or take vitamins, because of money issues. I have 3 kids to support who live w/me, rent is$200.00 higher, and pretty much have to scrape together money just for food. And my kids come first. I am waiting on help from state...I'm desp trying to find a job...btw anyone around Ft. Myers area know any openings plz let me know. I had RNY Gastric Bypass on 08/25/09. I also missed my 3 year check up, do to moving and having no insurance. And I think I may have developed an iron deff.  SO enuff of that...If anyone can help me out, finding a job, extra/and/or expired/or samples/or dont like vitamins, protein around I would really appreciate them...Also, I am trying to get back in the swing of using my tool, I've just been so sad, So I would like to collect, sum support..words of advice, some type of heart and/or butterfly...i wanna make a support board to hang in my room, for support...can be made out of paper, plastic, hand drawn etc...please sign/or send ur username and real name, so I may thank you!! And repay the favor sumhow!!
tami_38
on 9/19/12 1:06 pm - Fort Myers, FL
RNY on 08/25/09 with
 If able to help, just send me a mess./or reply and I can send you my address...thanks again...
Onelifetolive
on 9/19/12 1:48 pm - TX

Wow thats tough to be holding all of those feelings in.  Pray and keep praying.  I know how it is, I hate to hear those words when I'm down on my luck but I'm a firm believer that it works.  First I would start by going to the website called MYFLFAMILIES.COM.  W here you can get food and medical benefits from the state, by you being a new resident tell them u want to apply for EMERGENCY FOOD STAMPS, that way they will load money for food on that card that day.  Also try dialing 211, its a national help line.  They will tell u all of the Catholic charities etc that will be able to help you.  No one knows you need help til you ask.  Today I would go there and start asking questions and tell them your story.  They may also help you get meds for depression via health department etc.  Need be get a phone job for a week and use that cash to do whatever.  God answers prayers you just have to ask HIM even though HE knows.  Best of luck to you and ur family.  I will definitely pray for u all.

MsBatt
on 9/19/12 6:41 pm
Hopefully Melting Mama will see this soon---she's got the address for some folks who help bariatric patients who can't afford their vitamins. (I'm ashamed that I don't have that info stored!) Anyway, if she doesn't check in soon, start a new thread saying something like "Looking for MM re vitamins!" and I'm sure she'll help.
Kat1313
on 9/20/12 4:00 am - Jacksonville , FL
RNY on 04/08/13
Try local food banks.  A friend of mine works at one and they help many, many deserving people.
Just search on line for your area.
Kathy
SandieMc49
on 9/20/12 4:20 am
You said you moved from Ohio to Florida for the distance.  So, does that mean you have no friends or relatives in Florida?  Perhaps you could place an ad on Craig's List that you will do "pet sitting or babysitting"? 

If you have the ingenuity to move your family from Ohio to Florida - somewhere deep down, you have the strength to access services in your new area.  I think it's good you posted here for support and ideas.  Best of luck to you.
tami_38
on 9/20/12 11:14 am - Fort Myers, FL
RNY on 08/25/09 with
Thank you all for your support, advice, help, and prayers..They are greatly needed and appreciated. HUGS, Tami
Onelifetolive
on 9/20/12 12:33 pm - TX
No problem, stay positive Tami
Jenni_9yrspostop
on 9/20/12 4:46 pm
Your husband should be paying temporaty support -for you and the children based on how many years you were married. If you don't have an attorney or can't afford one - find a free judicare program in your local phonebook, many attorneys give a free consultation, check with the county you live in now as to help with legal issues when low income. You need to be protected while you're separated. How about assets from the marriage? Savings, checking, any retirement or 401k monies? You're entitled to half those even before you are divorced. Check on what you should be getting and how to go about getting some help. There's lots out there, your county probably has a worker you can see and they will inform you of what you're entitled to.
Jen 11 yrs post op RNY
Most Active