Surgery in Mexico

shanti4758
on 9/21/12 7:10 pm, edited 9/21/12 12:11 am
Has anyone used drs lopez and osuno a husband and wife team? Did anyone go through mexico bariatrics? I would appreciate your feedback. I am looking at october surgery. The cost is $4500 . All my research so far has been positive. Thanks.

(deactivated member)
on 9/21/12 8:29 pm - Wiesbaden, Germany
DS on 10/08/13
I haven't heard of these doctors but, while surgery in Mexico is less expensive than the U.S., $4,500 sounds suspiciously low to me.

There is a Mexico forum that I would suggest you check out, as well as checking out the forum for the specific surgery which interests you.
ChristineB
on 9/21/12 9:00 pm - Western 'Burbs Chgo, IL
I would watch with going for surgery in Mexico as doctors where you return to back home will not take patients that went abroad for surgery. I am not sure with your health system. My doctor's practice is one that will not take on ANYONE that has had surgery abroad.

Open RNY May 7
260/155/140 

MeSheHer
on 9/22/12 9:29 am
RNY on 05/08/13
Theres a young lady(accually a few of them) on OH that had her surgery done in Mexicoo(2/2011)and she paid out of pocket as well, around the same amount. She is doing great! Not sure about the husband/wife team but she is back home and is receiving care from here pcp. This is a choice alot of people are making who cant afford it otherwise. Do ALOT of research before making ANY decisions. GOOD LUCK!
Valerie G.
on 9/22/12 10:10 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
It sounds way too "bargain basement" to me.  I would seriously be looking for references on the US side, and take warnings very seriously.  There is a page out here for Mexico - and they will tell you if (a) anyone's heard of them and (b) how their track record is.

There are some good docs (Ungson and Aceves), but there are far more hacks who will lure you in with nothing less than a blue-light special rate, and you leave not knowing what the heck they did to you, and get home and no surgeon wants to touch their mess.  

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

pineview01
on 9/23/12 2:07 pm - Davison, MI
There are lots here that have used them.  I have been researching Mexico as my insurance may not cover my sleeve.  Which surgery are you getting, it makes a difference.  Check out the reviews on OH for them.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

shanti4758
on 9/23/12 9:21 pm
I am getting the sleeve. I have checked out all the reviews and have been on the Mexico site. There are alot of people who have had successful surgeries in Mexico. I am excited!

pineview01
on 9/23/12 9:48 pm - Davison, MI
That is what I thought based on the price.  I would like to hear how it
goes for you.  Can you pm me with your process as you go?

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active