In need of online support group.

melissa H.
on 9/25/12 5:48 am - KY
I was just informed that i need proof that i attended a bariatrics weight loss support group meetin. It can also be online but i need proof that i attend one. Does anyone know of any online that will also give me proof i attended? I need one ASAP!!!
Dave Chambers
on 9/25/12 6:45 am - Mira Loma, CA

Surgeon's and insurance companies near me will ONLY accept verification of attending a support group meeting in PERSON.  I see many new faces at these meetings with their "blue notebook" a sure sign they are pre op.  I often hear them comment they hope the meeting is short so they can leave, or that they plan on leaving early. I then have to inform them that the initial sign in sheet is only for insurance purposes. The VERIFICATION DOCUMENT for the meeting is only generated by filling out a form at the END of the meeting. I really don't understand why it's such a big deal for preops to attend one support group meeting in person. It's 2 hours or so out of one night to fulfill the requirements for a surgery than provide so many heath benefits.  Only support groups "online" are forums, where anyone can lurk or comment or ask questions.  DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

(deactivated member)
on 9/25/12 11:48 am - WA
Isn't OH just one big support group? Wouldn't your profile as a member work? I don't know because it is not a requirement for me, just wondering
Most Active