help horrible stall

kirasoma
on 9/29/12 11:21 pm
After 7 months i have stopped losing, even picked up six pounds literally over night. Its been a good month or netter. What do i do? I tried going back to the protein shakes again but still cant tolerate them , end up in the bathroom all day. I need some advice ,please.
Carol S.
on 9/29/12 11:38 pm - Milwaukee, WI
 You might need to find a new protein.

Have you considered adding some new workouts?  I love to mix it up to see what my body will do with the new additions.  It's like a big science experiment.  

Oh and up your water a little along with that, six pounds would make me think your just a little bloated.
Carol

SW/276 CW 150 GW 185

9 Years out.

MsBatt
on 9/30/12 12:18 am
What surgery did you have, and how many weeks has it been since you lost anything? Do you journal your food? How many ounces of fluids are you getting, each and every day? How many grams each do you eat of protein, fat, and carbs? (And are the carbs complex or simple?)
southernlady5464
on 9/30/12 2:09 am
Which protein shakes...as they are NOT all created equal. Check and make sure they are whey protein isolate NOT concentrate or even worse, have whole milk powder in them.

Then again, you may be sensitive to whey altogether and need to use soy protein or egg protein.

Also watch your carb intake like a hawk...

And that TOM can easily add 5-8 lbs in a week!

Liz

Duodenal Switch (Lap) 01-24-11 | Surgeon: Stephen Boyce | High weight: 250 in 2002 | Surgery weight: 203 | Lowest weight: 121 | Current weight: 135 | Goal weight: 135

Mary Catherine
on 9/30/12 2:59 am
 The first six months is a "get out of jail free card" then it starts to get harder.  The weight stops coming off effortlessly and can start coming back on again.  You do not need protein shakes.  You really only "need" protein shakes until you can eat real food.

What you do need is a diet and exercise plan and you need to start tracking and counting.  Calories protein grams, fats, vitamins and minerals, exercise.  I used thedailyplate for my plan, but there are many good online programs.  If you don't get control now, you will lose the next year of your surgery honeymoon.  It gets much harder after 18 months.  Get a plan and start working it.  Get the weight off.  Your surgery is a tool and it will make following your plan really easy.
Most Active