Addison's Disease or Hypopituitarism

believer
on 9/30/12 2:24 pm - On the coast, Southern, CA
RNY on 10/17/07 with
HI there..just received a possible diagnosis of one of those..has any one out there experienced this? Is this from bypass? 
JJ_
on 9/30/12 7:43 pm

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/addisons-disease/DS00361

Addison's disease is a disorder that occurs when your body produces insufficient amounts of certain hormones produced by your adrenal glands. In Addison's disease, your adrenal glands produce too little cortisol and often insufficient levels of aldosterone as well.

Also called adrenal insufficiency or hypocortisolism, Addison's disease occurs in all age groups and affects both sexes. Addison's disease can be life-threatening.

Treatment for Addison's disease involves taking hormones to replace the insufficient amounts being made by your adrenal glands, in order to mimic the beneficial effects those naturally made hormones would normally produce.

After reading about this....I am wondering how it would be possible for your adrenal glands to be affected by WLS or any type.  There does not seem to be a connection.

Judy

H.A.L.A B.
on 10/1/12 1:16 am
it may... or may not.
Not enough vitamins, minerals, or even proteins may affect that.   we and the docs do not really know what are real long term effects of WLS and malabsorbtion.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active