Fruit? Can it hold up weight loss?

coconutatthebeach
on 10/16/12 1:28 am
I eat a lot of frozen grapes.

I put fresh grapes in the freezeer, freeze them
, and then eat them. It's like having frozen popsicles except it's fresh fruit and healthy.

I eat a lot of them. Even throughout the night as a healthy snack food. But I wonder? Can fruit delay weight loss?

MsBatt
on 10/16/12 2:09 am
Absolutely! Fruit, and especially grapes are FULL of sugar. And let's face it, sugar is sugar, no matter whether it's refined table sugar or contained in fruits and veggies.
kpenn1971
on 10/16/12 2:17 am
I think it can because although it is a natural suger, grapes are one of the highest index of carbohydrates when it comes to fruit. 

rainyone
on 10/16/12 4:47 am - Canada
VSG on 04/03/12
Depends on how it affects you. I find fruit will help me go to the bathroom and doesn't seem to trigger hunger like other carbs do. I do believe too much fruit isn't good....  But some people find it slows , others don't . Reduce or eliminate it and see if it affects you.   

HW 295 lbs,CW 195, nuts goal-210, my goal 175 surgery date April 3 in Tijuana with Dr Ponce De Leon      

Dave Chambers
on 10/16/12 5:02 am - Mira Loma, CA

Even though they're natural sugars, grapes are very high in sugars. Pineapple is another, mangos.. Do a google search and compare the sugar levels.  Grapes and pineapple are on the NOT LIST from my surgeon.  Use the sugar free popsicles instead. Or, try some Greek yogurt, mix in some Torani syrup or SF pudding for flavor, pour into cup, place a large toothpick or popsicle stick, freeze for a cold treat.  Get away from the grapes. DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

BezoarGirl
on 10/16/12 12:36 pm - WA
I am 6 weeks post op and saw my NUT today and she said I can start with blueberries and raspberries.  they are low in sugar.

RNY 8/29/12       5' 9" tall

coconutatthebeach
on 10/16/12 12:50 pm
Thanks, everyone, for the opinions and advice.

I completely forgot about sugar free popsicles. I used to eat them and then got away from it. Thanks for suggesting that.

jarabacoagirl
on 10/16/12 12:57 pm
VSG on 12/17/12
Grapes have lots of carbs.  But as a preop person I would eat them becuase they are still natural.  As a post op I would limit it.  (I'm still preop)  I know my diabetic friends doctor will not even let her have them but she is allowed other fruits lower in carbs.
If your going to have fruit I think strawberries, blueberries and rasberries although still have carbs are lower than grapes.

HW 302 lbs SW  279.8 lbs.  CW  193.8 lbs   MFP Jarabacoagirl  Preop diets 22.2 lbs, 1st month 21.2 lbs, 2nd month 14.6 lbs,  3rd month 11.2 lbs, 4th month 7 lbs, 5th month 7 lbs, 6th month 6.8 lbs, 7th month 5.2 lbs, 8th month 4.4 lbs 9 and 10th months slowed down didn't record exactly

108.2 lbs lost from highest weight!

(86.2 lbs of that was lost since surgery date)

Most Active