Bread?

coconutatthebeach
on 10/16/12 1:46 am
Bread? Is it good to eat in order to lose weight or not?
MsBatt
on 10/16/12 2:06 am
Bad. Bread is made from largely simple carbs, and it's carbs that made us fat to begin with.

You need to do some research and teach yourself what foods are high in carbs, and avoid them.
ms_ella78
on 10/16/12 2:22 am - Los Angeles, CA
RNY on 09/18/12
 I was told not to eat bread because it swells in your stomach and overtime can stretch out your pouch.  I also was told if you just had to have bread only eat whole wheat and make sure it's toasted and cut of the ends. Hope this helps...
coconutatthebeach
on 10/16/12 3:17 am
That's interesting because my stomach does swell up, or puff out, after I take in bread.
jmjm55077
on 10/16/12 3:54 am - MN
A little of anything in moderation won't seriously derail us but I found after my surgery...bread just doesn't go down easy and it seems to swell so I just stay away...once in a blue moon I'll try half a sandwich or so but a few bits in and I'm usually to full to continue...so I eat the meat or cheese inside and leave the bread!
jane   

Sarah R.
on 10/16/12 5:08 am

I have it once in a while but in general no its not the best thing to have. I view it like soda...as empty calories.

Andrew L.
on 10/16/12 5:10 am - Klamath Falls, OR
RNY on 04/11/12
Bread is not good as stated above. On a side note, I am 6 months out from surgery and bread is an absolute no no for me...instant sick and discomfort.
ACLakey's Bariatric Blog

Highest Weight 06/2011 = 370
Weight at Surgery 04/11/2012 = 328.8
Goal Weight = 230

littleskie
on 10/16/12 5:58 am - freeport, TX
RNY on 08/19/09 with
Eating carbs will slow down or stop your weight loss. Depending on how far out you are. I'd avoid anything white for awhile. No potatoes, pasta, rice, bread, tortillias, sugar etc.

You will lose weight faster and keep it off longer if you avoid them.

Met my first goal, met my second goal, met my surgeons goal. Now I have a new goal!

Valerie G.
on 10/16/12 10:33 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
 Absolutely NOT good.  You want to avoid or severly limit all processed carbs - which means bread, pasta, things made with flour and sugar, like cookies, crackers, even tortillas.  These 'simple' carbs are beginning to be absorbed the minute they touch our tongue, while complex carbs, like green veggies, don't break down until they get to the intestines and take much more energy to break down and digest.  Some people count all carbs, some take the question out and eliminate "white carbs".  Either way - if you want to lose weight, bread is a bad idea.  There are some low carb options that are barely palateable.  You can try those instead.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

(deactivated member)
on 10/16/12 2:14 pm

Bread is just a filler food and empty white carbs.  You don't have enough room in your stomach to eat filler foods that are empty white carbs AND nutrition.
Most Active