HELP

Leigh Anne Pereira
on 10/28/12 11:16 am - Marietta, GA
VSG on 07/02/15

Help! I need to find a hospital/surgeon in Mexico that takes Amex. Any suggestions?!

Leigh Anne Pereira
on 10/28/12 11:27 am - Marietta, GA
VSG on 07/02/15

amex=american express

Amielouwhoo
on 10/28/12 11:31 am - Layton, UT
RNY on 08/27/12 with

Check with Dr. Joya in Puerta Vallarta. He is awesome!!

Leigh Anne Pereira
on 10/28/12 2:34 pm - Marietta, GA
VSG on 07/02/15

Thanks I will! I was hoping to go to a place in Juarez or Tijuana (close proximity to US) but i will keep him in mind. Thank you!

PatXYZ
on 10/28/12 12:15 pm

Are you funding your bariatric surgery on your credit card? I am sure there have got to be better options if that is the case.

I had OHIP approved Duodenal Switch surgery with Dr. Dennis Hong at St. Joseph's Hamilton on March 7th, 2012. Want more information on the DS in Ontario? Send me a private message!
Leigh Anne Pereira
on 10/28/12 2:34 pm - Marietta, GA
VSG on 07/02/15

yes all on credit

kathkeb
on 10/28/12 3:09 pm
Really, you are going to travel to a dangerous place (close border town) AND choose a surgeon based on whether they take your credit card?

Do some research, choose a SKILLED surgeon that you trust, with follow up care arranged and then figure out your payment options.
Kath

PatXYZ
on 10/29/12 1:40 am

This is a really, really bad idea for your health, safety and finances. Mexico, especially border towns, are simply not safe to travel to right now. Further, choosing a surgeon based no what credit cards they accept is just (I'm sorry) dumb - this is major surgery, do thorough research first. Last, financially, financing surgery on a credit card is a terrible idea - there are better options like a medical loan even, or simply delaying surgery and saving in the meantime. You will pay much, much more by financing it on credit. Do you have no insurance coverage at all? Did you know that companies like Starbucks offer health insurance that covers bariatric surgery? What about getting a job there and trying to get it paid for in the US through insurance?

I had OHIP approved Duodenal Switch surgery with Dr. Dennis Hong at St. Joseph's Hamilton on March 7th, 2012. Want more information on the DS in Ontario? Send me a private message!
pcballott
on 10/28/12 7:08 pm
RNY on 11/20/12

Have you checked into any of the Health care financing companies?  Many doctors offer self pay discounts.  Something to check into.  Safety needs to be your #1 concern.

Valerie G.
on 10/29/12 8:28 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Please call Dr. Ungson in Hermisillo, MX.  It's not a border town, but he has a fantastic reputation.  Another doc..Aceves, may be closer.  He trained with Ungson.

I concur with the others - choosing a foreign surgeon based on price or convenience is a very bad idea.  Get real reviews from Americans who have used him.  You want SEVERAL reviews...all good. 

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Most Active