Pain

Allison P.
on 11/15/12 12:06 am - Santa Cruz, CA
Had my was two daysvago, am taking coding with Tylenol and it is still bad. Ant suggestions
Heather B.
on 11/15/12 2:18 am - UT
RNY on 09/20/12

you just had major surgery, of course you are going to hurt, even with pain meds. I hurt for about 10 days, so expect it to last at least that long. As far as no more pain and feeling pretty human again, that will take approx 6 weeks.

Allison P.
on 11/15/12 2:33 am - Santa Cruz, CA
Good to know thank you!
Valerie G.
on 11/15/12 2:19 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

The codeine is working on something judging by your typing. 

There are other pain meds to select from.  Call the surgeon and tell them you need something stronger...or different.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Allison P.
on 11/15/12 4:42 am - Santa Cruz, CA
Calledmy do tor who said that pharmacies don't
Ike narcotics called in. He is going to call in loratab to add to the codein and if that doesn't wok I need to go see him for a hand written scripy
MsBatt
on 11/15/12 5:46 am

Does your doctor not have a computer??? Mine sends all my 'scrips in via something called e-'script. Makes it impossible to be faked.

Hislady
on 11/15/12 2:35 pm - Vancouver, WA

Some of the stronger drugs have to be picked up and hand delivered, seems dumb to me, I guess they are afraid drug seekers will somehow be able to call them in and get the "good stuff". I use fentanyl patches and used to use morphine for severe back pain and I always had to go pick these up but my oxycodone they can call in.  Just another one of those crazy things to keep us safe?! It depends on what class the drug is.

MsBatt
on 11/16/12 3:59 am

That's dumb. If I ever need morphine, I'm gonna be hurting to bad to go in to the office, pick up a paper (i.e., fordge-able) 'script, drive to the pharmacy, wait to get it filled, and drive back home.

Yes, the gub'ment really does love us, doesn't it? (*grin*)

Allison P.
on 11/15/12 4:54 am - Santa Cruz, CA
Just had removal of band and rYN same time
MrsLitch
on 11/15/12 5:28 am - Morris, IL
RNY on 06/04/12

I preferred the Lortab personally and had asked for it over the vicodin he normally prescribes based on past experiences. It allowed me to sleep but I still had pain for over a week.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

5' 3" - HW: 244 SW:234  GW:120 LW: 107 CW:110 Made goal 3/16/13!    

Most Active